• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

A petition to increase Trust control of the club

Thames Valley Red

Following on from this thread on Exeweb (http://exeweb.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50523) we are looking for enough signatories to call a "Special General Meeting" of the Trust. Alistair Yates, the founding chair of the trust will be drafting the letter - a copy of which will be posted on Exeweb. If you would like to support this cause and are a current trust member, please sign your details below. We require 5% of the membership (approximately 250 signatories) to support the calling of a Special General Meeting for it to happen.

While I was suprised to have my name heading the petition I will draft a letter for this petition and will pass across to the 16 people signed up in the first 24 hours. Once this is agreed it will be put on all the available Facebook groups to raise awareness of the issue and the desire of some Trust members to see more control and accountability.

For those that thought this would not snowball my guess is that 16 people could increase rapidly in time with some PR. Unfortunately not the PR the Trust board would wish, but perhaps they need to listen to a group of members that are not satisfied with progress.

I hope that this group of people are respected for having an opinion and that the Trust will deal with them in the correct manner.Those that are discussing this on another thread, it appears some people have already acted!

UTC

TVR

http://bit.ly/TrustPetition

Last edited by a moderator:

Oli

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'm lost. You want a meeting.......... but to do what?

Thames Valley Red

To increase TRUST control of the club.

DJH2005

Is the Facebook group up and running Al?

Just been perusing my FB account for the first time in months, and all I came across was some vague chant site, a few ECFC alternatives, but not much else.

However, I could have been searching under the wrong terms I suppose, given my dislike for wading through FB pages.

Oli

Humour me, I would want this. But what does a petition and a meeting achieve?

PeteUSA

Humour me, I would want this. But what does a petition and a meeting achieve?
I'll give myself a blow job if the E&E isnt watching this little lot unfold, just itching to publish a 'Trust loses faith with the Club' article in bleddy great headlines. You see, come thursday.

LOG

What does this actually mean though?

If the meeting should happen, and i have doubts over what it will even achieve but that's another story, can whoever organises it at least make sure that it's not some half arsed shambles where people turn up and spend half an hour looking at each other, wondering why they're there, before going home? Stuff like any formal meeting should have, a proper agenda circulated well in advance, a designated minute taker, a clear purpose, that kind of thing.

PeteUSA

What does this actually mean though?
Reading between the lines Lionel, I think theres a hint of a suggestion that some members of the club board might be taking rather more money out of the pot by way of remuneration than many people realised. It seems theres no way of finding out what they're paying themselves, so we need to ask them politely how much they're on. Nothing more than that I dont think.

Thames Valley Red

Oli bear with us until tomorrow. I want to clarify something, I am just one person of 16 people that have showed interest in the above. My name was mooted and I have been asked to draft a letter that 16 people agree with.......nightmare!

As for the next steps this is not an Exeweb driven thing and like much social media things it has gone viral perhaps too quickly. In esscence 16 people are fed up with the present status quo of the Trust and Club relationship. They also dont appear to like the lack of information pervading from the Trust. Many people will try to derail it I am sure. Perhaps some of the others that have signed up will put theire views on this thread. Perhaps those people negative about the EGM idea show some patience and allow these people to morph the desired motion.

It would be good to think alittle before people post. Talking to some people with strong views, they have been thinking about change for years in some cases. At last Exeweb is becoming more interesting again, can I ask the moderators to provide some balance on this thread to respect it. I know this is seperate completely from Exeweb and also the SIEGE group. Anyone that trys to link them is being disrespectful to the good work done at Chesterfield by Grecian Max and the lads and by Exeweb.

I am just one person! Thanks for reading this post!

UTC

TVR
Ps. I wish to confirm that I personally have always been a supporter of the Trust and continue to believe in the model, as I have done since 2001.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
I have added my signature not because i am personally concerned, but rumours being spread like the bloke outside SJP at the Yeovil game that we are on the verge of Administration for me scare mongers and tbh ide rather do something so if theres no issues then the rumours will stop and hopefully we will have more communication, control of our club...

And if there is a major problem facing OUR Club then we can assist in sorting them out.