• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

A new game to play

angelic upstart

Very well known Exeweb poster
If I don't get a reply by Friday I am going to complain that I didn't get a reply!

EX4 6PX

Well-known Exeweb poster
That's the way. Remember he is working for you. It a poor show if your MP can't be bothered to reply to an urgent e-mail by Friday. It would serve him right if you didn't vote for him in 4 years and 10 months time.

LOG

2 days have passed and still nothing about Fruit 'n Fibre or the next Liverpool manager.

Shocking service.
And still nothing. Liverpool have appointed a new manager and they still haven't told me who it is.

And it's Shredded Wheat for me from now on.

Dr Hook

I got my reply, needless to say I'm bloody livid & am taking this higher:

Hi Dr Hook,

Many thanks for your email. Please see below answers to your questions:

- we are not working with any celebrities currently and Viscount has no specific celebrity association
- the 's' in Viscount is silent

I'm afraid we won't be able to support you with photography on this occasion.

I hope you have a great party!

Best Wishes,
Nikki
- Show quoted text -

Nikki Bryson
Lexis Public Relations
8 Bolsover St, London W1W 6AB
Direct Tel : +44 (0) 20 7908 6449
Switchboard Tel : +44 (0) 20 7908 6488

Blog: http://www.lexisnotes.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/lexispr
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/LexisPublicRelations
Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/lexislife

Lexis is very proud to be accredited with top-ranking 3 Star Status by Best Companies 2010.

Registered in England & Wales no. 04404752, 8 Bolsover Street, London W1W 6AB.
Disclaimer: The information in this email is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee and others authorised to receive it. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or action taken in reliance on its contents is prohibited and may be unlawful.

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
To be fair the s in Viscount (as in Viscount Linley) IS silent, when you're talking about biscuits it's a completely different matter.

Dr Hook

To be fair the s in Viscount (as in Viscount Linley) IS silent, when you're talking about biscuits it's a completely different matter.
Thanks for the support Jan. I'll make sure I take this on board when I reply, I need to go for a walk to calm down.

EX4 6PX

Well-known Exeweb poster
I need to go for a walk to calm down.
Take a biscuit (your choice) with you.

And don't forget to breathe deeply.

Dr Hook

I haven't been deterred:

Hi Nikki,

Thank you very glad for your reply, and good on you for intercepting Charlotte and/or Lynda's email - ambition is a good thing! I'm pleased to have your implicit backing on future photographic occasions.(but not my forthcoming birthday). Alas my planned soiree has encountered several hitches along the way anyway, I can provide more details if required, but thank you for your good wishes on this.

Just to let you know, I will be appearing in Edinburgh for one week in August and would be available for endorsing Viscount or other top of the range biscuits.

Sorry to trouble you further, but regarding the pronunciation of Viscounts, a good friend suggested there is a subtle nuance in pronunciation between the title, for e.g. Viscount Lindley (whereby the s is silent) and the biscuit (whereby the s is supposedly not silent). Could you please confirm, if you have a chance to consult the relevant department.

Many thanks and keep up the good work!

Dr Hook

angelic upstart

The following is my follow up email, to my local MP a Mr Oliver Colvile.

Hi Ollie

I sent an email, on the 24th of June to you, 3 weeks to the day later and I have yet to receive a response. I find this unacceptable. A friend of mine that lives in Exeter, wrote to Ben Bradshaw MP and had a reply in 3 days. Why are you unable to address my concerns in this time frame? If you are busy a brief email explaining so would be appreciated.

I await your response, again!

Yours

Angelic J. Upstart

greenawayr

Sent: 15 July 2010 16:55:39
To: [email protected]
Subject: Hormone Replacement Pills

Dear Sir/Madam

I just wanted to send you a quick email to thank you for your fantastic Hormone Replacement Pill products.

Since taking this course of pills I feel like a new man.

Yours Sincerely

Mrs J Hubbard

Last edited: