• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

A message from the trust and supporter's club

Shabba

Well-known Exeweb poster
I note we only have 2 home games until the 1st of Nov, and neither of them are known for bringing significant support to our place, if there's a year where we could do with a bit of luck and get a home FA Cup draw this is it.
We normally have that happen before Christmas, I'm guessing this is part of the predicted financial difficulties.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
I note we only have 2 home games until the 1st of Nov, and neither of them are known for bringing significant support to our place, if there's a year where we could do with a bit of luck and get a home FA Cup draw this is it.
Plymouth or Torquay home or away. Hope the BBC or BT sport get interested and show us LIVE

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
That's pretty normal though isn't it? There are only four Saturdays in October so two homes and two aways is about how it should be, and the 1st November is a Saturday too.

It's no biggie.

ChrisWickens

Home or away income is offset by the fact that the gate is split two ways after expenses. Advantage of a home game though is we get all the other income that is generated - catering, programmes etc.

Antony Moxey

Home or away income is offset by the fact that the gate is split two ways after expenses. Advantage of a home game though is we get all the other income that is generated - catering, programmes etc.
Are you sure that's true? I didn't think gate money was split for league games, just cup games.

geoffwp

Are you sure that's true? I didn't think gate money was split for league games, just cup games.
that is how I understood it now worked as well.

citydrinker

2 minute hobble from the nearest pub. Or in it.
Is the right answer. Has been for decades since the big clubs got their way.
I vaguely seem to recall that before then (circa mid 70's) it was split 2 thirds home to 1 third away after match day expenses. Not 100 percent sure though.

heathy1

Here's another way Fans can help, small it may be but with some more fan involvement it could be, on a small scale, reaonably lucrative, and more importantly it doesn't cost you anything, unless you buy the beer/cider whatever of course, but then you have the added bonus of the pleasure of drinking it.

‘CANS FOR CITY’

An ALLUMINIUM beer/soft drinks can weighs approx 15/20gms. This means that to get 1 tonne, 1000kg, of cans we would need around 60,000 cans for which a Scrap merchant will pay us, 40p per kg or approx £400 a tonne.

Or to put it another way, if every spectator attending each home game brought just 20 cans we would raise £400 a game, or £10,400 a season, the equivalent of 22 extra fans each week.
This is working on a gate of 3,000 and not including any other methods of collection. This money could then be used to pay for projects or items over and above what ECFC can buy, a new Pressure Washer for example to wash the dirty areas of SJP.
This is EASY money and a ‘scrappy’ is happy to give it to us!

You don’t have to go out and try and get people to sponsor you or sell them a raffle ticket. All you have to do is collect 20 cans every 2 weeks, which ISN’T difficult, and then just drop them in the ‘Cans for City’ collecting cages at Stadium Way, Red Square or at The Cat & Fiddle Training Ground.
Keep an eye out next time you are walking around your local area and you will be AMAZED how many cans are lying around in the gutter, on the pavement or in the verges.

 Ask your friends, neighbours or work colleagues to save them.

 Why not set up a can collection point at home or work?

 Ask your local pub or restaurant to save them for you.
The opportunities are endless and besides helping ECFC, you will also be helping to keep your local area clean.

UP THE CITY!

This initiative is ‘Fan’ led and in support of ECFC.

This will also appear, hopefully, in the next matchday programme, Hartlepool.

Andy Holloway
It really is easy money a black sack full of crushed cans is about 3 kg, a Slovakian lad at my work collects cans from around central park in Plymouth for me to take and also I collect them all from my work, just to say the Slovakian lad hasn't even been to Exeter but yet he can still make an effort!

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
In the playoff the money is split between the clubs, but not for regular season games. The only money clubs get from their away league games is a 5% commission on advance ticket sales on behalf of the home club.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
I can't speak for Chris but I'm assuming he is referring to cup games.