• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

A face you would never tire of punching

elginCity

Very well known Exeweb poster
How very dare you ! A staunch supporter of the Trust, or Liverpool, is our Joss !! :)

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
This was the same person who said the first lockdown wasn't too bad from her home in Barbados and wondered why everyone was moaning about it!
Don't believe everything you read in the papers, or on their websites – she doesn't have a home in Barbados!

Alistair20000

Don't believe everything you read in the papers, or on their websites – she doesn't have a home in Barbados!
Just about every newspaper reported her "crass, deluded, patronising, out of touch etc" remarks on GMB.

Is your point that she did not make the remarks or that she was speaking from a property in the Bahamas ?

DB9

I saw the actual interview, Ok perhaps it wasn't her "Home" but that was where she was staying for the foreseeable at the time.

Swanaldo

I regret that several of these :poop: must be sent in the general direction of nutty Joss Stone.
Just for balance, I've met and chatted with Joss a few times and she was lovely, chatty and down-to-earth (if a little ditzy) 😉

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
I saw the actual interview, Ok perhaps it wasn't her "Home" but that was where she was staying for the foreseeable at the time.
Her home is in Uffculme, or thereabouts. She was on holiday when the interview was recorded.

IndoMike

Just about every newspaper reported her "crass, deluded, patronising, out of touch etc" remarks on GMB.

Is your point that she did not make the remarks or that she was speaking from a property in the Bahamas ?
Musicians live in their own world, Ali. And she's one of our own amongst few, too. Good on you girl: those breakfast chat creeps are probably just p*ssed off that you were in the Bahamas and they weren't.

DB9

Her home is in Uffculme, or thereabouts. She was on holiday when the interview was recorded.
Holiday or not, The interview just said all you needed to know about how some "Celebs" were out of touch at that time, Plus Sam Smith crying online about the first lockdown and how it was soooooo unfair on him having to do it.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Holiday or not, The interview just said all you needed to know about how some "Celebs" were out of touch at that time, Plus Sam Smith crying online about the first lockdown and how it was soooooo unfair on him having to do it.
To be clear, I don't know Joss Stone from Adam. What's more, her politics are very different from mine, but [I'm with Swanaldo] it seems to me her heart's in the right place:

I think it's to her credit that, after two men were convicted of plotting to kill her, she maintains such a cheery demeanour.

DB9

To be clear, I don't know Joss Stone from Adam. What's more, her politics are very different from mine, but [I'm with Swanaldo] it seems to me her heart's in the right place:

I think it's to her credit that, after two men were convicted of plotting to kill her, she maintains such a cheery demeanour.
And good on her for having her heart in the right place and I'm genuinely happy she was unharmed in that plot to kill her but it doesn't change how out of touch she was when giving that interview, As i said she wasn't the only one and there are still some "Celebs" who think this pandemic doesn't have anything to do with them and they can go about as they please.