• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

A different fans owned experience

arthur

Very well known Exeweb poster
Yesterday I found myself in a weird, parallel universe. In London, visiting friends, I was taken to Kingsmeadow to watch AFC Wimbledon play Newport. It was a bizarre experience.

The equivalent of the big bank sang loudly throughout, going through a vast repertoire of songs, most of them unique to the club. They played with two strikers who worked well together. Jack Midson won headers on a regular basis. The ball got into the penalty area via a variety of different routes, worked from midfield or crossed from the flanks.

One route, however, was conspicuous by its absence. I can't remember a single ball "played into the channels" for a hard working striker to chase after.

At the end of a meaningless mid table game which ended in a draw the manager went straight to the home fans and applauded them. Then all the players followed.

All this cost £15 and I felt like value for money. This was not something I was remotely used to.

Barum

Yesterday I found myself in a weird, parallel universe. In London, visiting friends, I was taken to Kingsmeadow to watch AFC Wimbledon play Newport. It was a bizarre experience.

The equivalent of the big bank sang loudly throughout, going through a vast repertoire of songs, most of them unique to the club. They played with two strikers who worked well together. Jack Midson won headers on a regular basis. The ball got into the penalty area via a variety of different routes, worked from midfield or crossed from the flanks.

One route, however, was conspicuous by its absence. I can't remember a single ball "played into the channels" for a hard working striker to chase after.

At the end of a meaningless mid table game which ended in a draw the manager went straight to the home fans and applauded them. Then all the players followed.

All this cost £15 and I felt like value for money. This was not something I was remotely used to.
Seems an eternity ago we had the same at SJP, probably around the time Kim Jong Tis decided to become our self appointed tinpot dictator.

denzil

Yes, who actually DOES OWN our own football club ?

Chuckles

I am in London now about to tube it to Fulham Broadway to watch the Chelsea later. Abramovich will claim he is now a fan who owns his club, however He doesn't give interviews about his fans own experience. I don't even think the majority on one of our Two boards are actually City fans, not even sure all the Trust Elected Board Members are City fans!!