• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

A cold wind of change is blowing...

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
I was right all along. Get rid now, he's done his bit but time to move on.
So a manager who in his 5 years. His record goes.

5th Conf Playoff final runners up
4th Conf Playoff Winners(Promoted to Lge 2)
2nd Lge 2(Promoted to lge 1)
18th Lge 1(Remain in the highest lge the club has ever been in)
8th Lge 1(Joint highest position the club has ever been in)

THis season we are 18th in lge 1 after a start to the season where alot of our best players where injured.

Yh Pretty flukey really isnt it. Also You claim you where right all the times you where spouting sh*t about sacking Tisdale(Along with others) and now we are in the highest lge weve ever been in but struggling a bit.

What the f*ck do you expect. We are a very small club at this level.
Last season was amazing but we lost some players as happens to all smaller clubs. It happens you have to deal with it. From my point of view remaining in this lge is a achievement which every supporter at this football club should be proud of.

And believe me i want us to progress and become a championship side believe i dont lack ambitition but i along with most people are reallistic and understand limitations at the club.

wemissmoxey

Very well known Exeweb poster

5th Conf Playoff final runners up
4th Conf Playoff Winners(Promoted to Lge 2)
2nd Lge 2(Promoted to lge 1)
18th Lge 1(Remain in the highest lge the club has ever been in)
8th Lge 1(Joint highest position the club has ever been in)

THis season we are 18th in lge 1 after a start to the season where alot of our best players where injured.

Yh Pretty flukey really isnt it. Also You claim you where right all the times you where spouting sh*t about sacking Tisdale(Along with others) and now we are in the highest lge weve ever been in but struggling a bit.

What the f*ck do you expect. We are a very small club at this level.
Last season was amazing but we lost some players as happens to all smaller clubs. It happens you have to deal with it. From my point of view remaining in this lge is a achievement which every supporter at this football club should be proud of.

And believe me i want us to progress and become a championship side believe i dont lack ambitition but i along with most people are reallistic and understand limitations at the club.
Stevenage seem to be doing ok and they are a relatively tiny club.

FAN-TATIC

All Jay wants to do is indulge in that time-honoured English tradition of moaning about absolutely everything. Which brings us back to our old friend, negative attention.

And just for the record Jay, just because you finish 2nd, doesn't mean you've failed. You don't hop up two leagues if you finish as champions, you know. But finding negatives in positives is what you do best, so carry on me old mucker.
What GJ knows is that negative comments will get him far more attention than positive ones. Thus his actions are a means to an end. Humour him, there's no harm in doing so........... is there?

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
Stevenage seem to be doing ok and they are a relatively tiny club.
The thing is though alot of clubs have good seasons at this level. Look at Yeovil a few years ago. Lge 1 playoff final against Blackpool.

Look at ours last season.

Hartlepool got to the playoff final a few years back also.

We finished above Charlton, Sheff Wed and some other bigger clubs last season.

They went out and bought the best players from the smaller and lower end teams and now are right up there this season....

Poultice

Very well known Exeweb poster

5th Conf Playoff final losers after a sh*t season where we snuck in under the wire.
4th Conf Playoff Winners after we snuck in under the same wire.
2nd in a Lge 2 which was probably the weakest in history.
18th Lge 1 snuck under the wire 7 minutes from the end of a sh*t season.
8th Lge 1 missed out on play offs due to excessive chokeage.
This season, sh*t, normal service is resumed.
Amended to remove rose coloured filter.

DJH2005

Crap being a City fan isn't it. All those crap, sneak in at the end and get a result games... |-)

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
God i dread to think of how miserable you are in person. Seriously. At the end of the day do i consider us being in lge 1 sh*t., No i dont. You obviously will never be happy so whats the point. May as well end it now old chap

stumpynadge

God i dread to think of how miserable you are in person. Seriously. At the end of the day do i consider us being in lge 1 sh*t., No i dont. You obviously will never be happy so whats the point. May as well end it now old chap
Rumour has it both Radiohead and Morrissey cite Poults as an influence...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPg7C3I-4bo