• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

7450?

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
Can't imagine what it must have been like in 1981 with 18000 in the ground, mental.
Or 1969 with 20,000 packed in v Man U.

grecian55

i am glad it was only 7450 as it was packed and i've never seen so many people looking for somewhere to stand 10 minutes after kick off ? and as for the queue for the toilets etc. at Half - time ,well !,it seemed busier than last seasons Liverpool game .

John William

It's all to do with the away end and some home seats and spaces taken by the cameras. Also capacity is 200 lower than it used to be due to restriction on the away end and don't forget 100 + for the separation barrier.

Away ticket allocation 340 + 800 = 1140. 570 or so from Carlisle so only half full. If they had taken all their tickets it would have been just over 8,000.

John William

It's all to do with the away end and some home seats and spaces taken by the cameras. Also capacity is 200 lower than it used to be due to restriction on the away end and don't forget 100 + for the separation barrier.

Away ticket allocation 340 + 800 = 1140. 570 or so from Carlisle so only half full. If they had taken all their tickets it would have been just over 8,000.
Just compared last night with the Liverpool game last January. That had 8,258 - 7,001 City fans and 1,297 Scousers. Last night 6,858 City fans and 592 away. So only 143 fewer City fans, and there will have been fewer no-shows for Liverpool than last night (there are always a few). Reinforces the fact that it was almost a a full house for home fans, but 550 spaces in the away sections.

Last edited:

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
And yet the calls for Tisdale's head were from the same voices. Just saying like.

Banksy

Was it really that long ago? I was packed in a corner to the left hand side of the Big Bank on the Old Tiverton Road side.What an atmosphere , and that was just the cigarette smoke!

iscalad

18,500 to be more accurate. About 15,500 for Newcastle. I was there, I counted them. :)

Colesman Ballz

18,500 to be more accurate. About 15,500 for Newcastle. I was there, I counted them. :)
18500 and the tickets were on sale to all, no real segregation, just a wire netting fence and gate at the big bank end of the cowshed. City and United fans were helping each other to climb over it to get to be with their mates. And when Banksy scored against the reigning European Champions what a moment !

None of this recent premiersh*** rubbish of playing your reserves and youngsters, they brought the full first team, George Best, Bobby Charlton, Denis Law, Nobby Stiles and all ! (clap)

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
18500 and the tickets were on sale to all, no real segregation, just a wire netting fence and gate at the big bank end of the cowshed. City and United fans were helping each other to climb over it to get to be with their mates. And when Banksy scored against the reigning European Champions what a moment !

None of this recent premiersh*** rubbish of playing your reserves and youngsters, they brought the full first team, George Best, Bobby Charlton, Denis Law, Nobby Stiles and all ! (clap)
And my Dad, a City / Man United 2CW, had moved back to Rhodesia just a few months prior. To say he was gutted was an understatement.

IndoMike

Was it really that long ago? I was packed in a corner to the left hand side of the Big Bank on the Old Tiverton Road side.What an atmosphere , and that was just the cigarette smoke!
And I was behind the goal in the away end. Not sure how that happened, but I know City supporters were there