• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

3 New Directors Appointed Today

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yeah and there’s a lot of things that have been said that aren’t true or haven’t come true yet around this football club. Quite happy 😆 with my career but thanks all the same….train tickets ain’t cheap, one lives in Kent!
You don't have to get on a train for a meeting these days. Zoom. Skype. Microsoft Teams. Etc

Edit. Max beat me to it.

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
You understand the concept of a non-executive director, yeah? The whole point is that they don't turn up for work five days a week, 52 weeks a year, but provide a level of expertise and oversight we wouldn't otherwise have.
At a time when if we fall short of player expertise, we are facing sheer drop into non league oblivion.I'm not too sympathetic about the alleged "expertise and oversight".If it's alright with you,I want to see some clear and transparent results over the coming season from these three.Since their attributes will make such a considerable difference to the club,that shouldn't be so difficult.

tavyred

Very well known Exeweb poster
I’m not sure appointments like this fit our ownership model TBH.
Business people suddenly appearing on the scene with seemingly no transparent process as to why they warrant their appointment is all a bit too nebulous for me.
This club, for better or worse is about democratic accountability at the top, paid employees with specific job descriptions all backed up by a priceless group of volunteers.
I suspect as before these people will come and go, enjoy the privileges of a boardroom match day experience a few times and at the end of it we’ll be a brief mention in these people’s LinkedIn profiles.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Business people suddenly appearing on the scene with seemingly no transparent process as to why they warrant their appointment is all a bit too nebulous for me.
This club, for better or worse is about democratic accountability at the top, paid employees with specific job descriptions all backed up by a priceless group of volunteers.
I suspect as before these people will come and go, enjoy the privileges of a boardroom match day experience a few times and at the end of it we’ll be a brief mention in these people’s LinkedIn profiles.
Undoubtedly these individuals have been appointed with project 6000 in mind. They're offering us advice for free. Ok they might get a nice meal once in a while. If they help us meet our goal of increased attendances isn't it worthwhile?

Isn't this an example of us ahowing the ambition that keeps being called for?

fred binneys head

It’s all about results (and I don’t just mean on the pitch results). I’m happy that we’ve got contacts at board level who seem to be credible, experienced people who are used to advising and growing businesses. There’s plenty of those people out there who aren’t very good at it though, so let’s see how they do. They’re not costing us anything and they might be very useful for us, so they’ve got my support. Let’s see how they get on.

Grecian_in_Plymouth

There is a lot of experience here and they've given up their time to help the club and be part of the club . I see this as a positive move forward.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
As far as I'm aware, any appointments such as these have to be ratified by the Trust. The club board will make a case for each of the appointments but they will only happen if the Trust board gives its approval.

iscalad

There is a lot of experience here and they've given up their time to help the club and be part of the club . I see this as a positive move forward.
Shock horror, they may also be City fans.

manc grecian

Not that intelligent then

ExmouthMart

Nothing in the statement from the Club or their own self promotion mentions anything about being City Fans. One has had a house in Devon for over 20 years and the other two were educated in Exeter at some stage. Mr Bawden does say his second greatest love is Somerset County Cricket Club.
Perhaps someone could enlighten us about how they were introduced to the Club and specifically why they were given non executive seats on the club board. The most obvious question would be are they members of The Trust?! Perhaps also one of those ‘introduce yourself’ videos could be released so each has an opportunity to explain exactly why working with Exeter City is such an exciting opportunity for them and us. Communication seems to be an obvious forte with each of them, so an obvious opportunity to spread the positivity.