• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

***** 23rd March **** Your neighbours need your support - Torquay United in peril

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
(perhaps best to merge this thread with The Serious Torquay Thread where the background is explained - especially by Granville Gull)

When Torquay fans/Trust have a positive way forward (even perhaps, if necessary, in the form of a phoenix club) they will have my full support -even to the extent of joining their Trust.
I think this is the thing. It's one thing getting the owners out, but what's the plan for after? How is the club going to get around the debt they're riddled with?

YellowMayday

If a number of Grecians were to come down to support us in protest on the 23rd March, and likewise Argyle came along too, is it naive to think this can happen without incident, appreciating the intense rivalry between you both. I would hope those differences could be put aside for the day in order to add as much weight to United's cause.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
If a number of Grecians were to come down to support us in protest on the 23rd March, and likewise Argyle came along too, is it naive to think this can happen without incident, appreciating the intense rivalry between you both. I would hope those differences could be put aside for the day in order to add as much weight to United's cause.
I can't imagine the type of City and Argyle fans that would join your protest would also be the type to cause any trouble.

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Do i have the option to do that myself or does an admin have to do it?
not a job for you, but if you have a read of that lengthy thread, you will see that there is a lot of support on here for the plight of longstanding Torquay fans.

(The tricky thing of course is finding a way forward that is going to work - easier said than done)

YellowMayday

I think this is the thing. It's one thing getting the owners out, but what's the plan for after? How is the club going to get around the debt they're riddled with?
This is a key topic that needs to be talked through and contingency plans in place.

Personallly, bankruptcy and a Phoenix club is a better scenario than what we have now. It's more about ousting osborne and saving the satdium

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
As I understand it, the trusts of the three professional Devon clubs have had a working partnership for the last few years. It seems to me that to effect any meaningful change then that would be the way forward?

Average Joe

Why is this on our main city forum? Taunton also need our help.

We thank you for Watkins but to be fair we do have our own problems that need sorting before we focus on any other team.

Maybe ask Plymouth instead.

YellowMayday

I can't imagine the type of City and Argyle fans that would join your protest would also be the type to cause any trouble.
i thought the same but had to ask anyway

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster

We thank you for Watkins but to be fair we do have our own problems that need sorting before we focus on any other team.

Just don't comment perhaps?

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster

If anyone needed evidence of the village idiot in action you have done so