• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

2023 Exeweb Advent Calendar Quiz XVIII: Prediction, Warm Up & General Discussion Thread

Tim Long

And I thought it was Duckworth > Fitzwater. Not taking to Fred's clues like a duck to water.

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
Tim Duckworth is a decathlete > 10 events > Squad number 10 = Admiral Muskwe :eek:
Why did you have to remind me of him?

fred binneys head

An excellent "taster" fred. (y) FWIW I would judge that as a one pointer and too difficult for a Quick Fire if you are doing those.

Will you say whether workings are required ?
Thanks Al, yes for me it was a 1-pointer but not a quick fire, I agree.

I will say whether workings are required for the real thing.

Alistair20000

And I thought it was Duckworth > Fitzwater. Not taking to Fred's clues like a duck to water.
I love it when a poster fails to get “his” question :ROFLMAO:

Alistair20000

Why did you have to remind me of him?
A fair point

YARN | I'm sorry. I'm so fucking sorry! | The Boys (2019) - S03E07 Here  Comes a Candle to Light You to Bed | Video gifs by quotes | c45749ad | 紗

fred binneys head

I'll put another taster up tomorrow and then we start this year's EACQ with a Fiendish Friday which, in the world of this Quizmater, is a b@stard of a question set at 8am and the only one of the day. Good opportunity for Spot Roys and prizes for workings, but a tough nut to crack.

Either that or someone will get it within 5 minutes and I'll panic and have to use a load of other questions on day 1.

Rules also to be posted tomorrow.

iscalad

I'll put another taster up tomorrow and then we start this year's EACQ with a Fiendish Friday which, in the world of this Quizmater, is a b@stard of a question set at 8am and the only one of the day. Good opportunity for Spot Roys and prizes for workings, but a tough nut to crack.

Either that or someone will get it within 5 minutes and I'll panic and have to use a load of other questions on day 1.

Rules also to be posted tomorrow.
There are rules...bummer.

Alistair20000

There are rules...bummer.
Love rhules me but mainly when I set and apply them.

fred binneys head

They'll be very similar if not identical to previous years in the spirit of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".

fred binneys head

Deleted, just testing.