• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

2012 For City.

rightwing

Well-known Exeweb poster
Well that's just gone and ruined my good Christmas mood hasn't it?????? :(
Sorry Real Deal, but warnings are intended to obviate possible positions such as I have set out above. Heaven knows I've made enough warnings over the years. If you don't heed them then you eventually have to pay the price.

rightwing

Well-known Exeweb poster
I have probably missed it somewhere but why exactly would our First Team Manager get get a share/cut of any money made on the redevelopment?????? I can't see old red nose Fergie at Man Utd getting a cut from the profit made on a redevelopment at the Theatre of Screams somehow, can you?? Of course I might well of missed something of course! :)
It's strange that I have recently received several emails from Exewebbers asking if I know if Paul Tisdale's bother is involved in the redevelopment project. I replied "not to my knowledge."

However his bother is in the redevlopment game, see:-

http://havardtisdale.com/

Sorry Real Deal, but warnings are intended to obviate possible positions such as I have set out above. Heaven knows I've made enough warnings over the years. If you don't heed them then you eventually have to pay the price.
Yeah I know rightwing, to be honest the thing that worries me is that none of what you said seems particularly outlandish or even unlikely to happen!! It does feel a bit like there could well be a big storm ahead at the club financially if we are not careful. I know he had a bit of a bad name at the time but I felt a lot more secure in the business activities at the club with Norrie Stewart on peoples cases seemingly driving things forward and making things at least seem a lot more professionally run.

It's strange that I have recently received several emails from Exewebbers asking if I know if Paul Tisdale's bother is involved in the redevelopment project. I replied "not to my knowledge."

However his bother is in the redevlopment game, see:-

http://havardtisdale.com/
That is interesting, seems like they are doing a lot of work in the Torquay area at the moment.

rightwing

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yeah I know rightwing, to be honest the thing that worries me is that none of what you said seems particularly outlandish or even unlikely to happen!! It does feel a bit like there could well be a big storm ahead at the club financially if we are not careful. I know he had a bit of a bad name at the time but I felt a lot more secure in the business activities at the club with Norrie Stewart on peoples cases seemingly driving things forward and making things at least seem a lot more professionally run.
The Club certainly misses Norrie BIG TIME. He certainly had his finger on the pulse in a better way than anyone before or since. I really liked the guy, and always stood up for him on here.

The Club certainly misses Norrie BIG TIME. He certainly had his finger on the pulse in a better way than anyone before or since. I really liked the guy, and always stood up for him on here.
That was the impression I got from him and from the few times I had meetings with him he certainly seemed like he knew what he was talking about.

wemissmoxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
That was the impression I got from him and from the few times I had meetings with him he certainly seemed like he knew what he was talking about.
Did he walk the walk though, as an outsider it did not seem like a lot was going on, the financial results will hold some of the answers, I don't expect them to look good.

rightwing

Well-known Exeweb poster
Did he walk the walk though, as an outsider it did not seem like a lot was going on, the financial results will hold some of the answers, I don't expect them to look good.
He certainly had the budgetary process under control. What you can't legislate for are the failings of other people.

I don't know the answers to that to be honest, but the impression I got was that there seemed to be a lot more urgency in what everyone on business side of the club was doing and trying to achieve. I would imagine a lot of the benefits that the club received from having him there for the relativity short time he was, wouldn't necessarily be financially tangible in the first instance, more of a cultural change within the business which if carried on should have made a big difference to the finances of the club over the long term.

Poultice

Very well known Exeweb poster
he certainly seemed like he knew what he was talking about.
Suits always do.

We have got a boardroom full of them now and I bet they all seem like they know which way is up, the problem is we have no idea how much we are paying for this 'upper class twit of the year show', nor do we really know what exactly it is they do.

RW's post is the latest in a long line of 'observations' and I welcome them, but I still can't help wondering why he and others didn't try and do something about the lack of information coming out of the Club while he was in a position to actually exert some influence, and, if he and others did, why don't we know what they tried and what caused those efforts to be unsuccessful ?

Information is power, that information belongs to you Trust members but you just seem to wave it off as if you just don't care heads buried carefully in whatever sand is to hand. In the end this lack of interest is going to come back and bite us all in the arse, in boardrooms as well as on the pitch the line between success and failure can be very faint and knowing which side of it you are on may not immediately be obvious even to the more trained eye. Should a serious cash flow issue become evident, I am not talking about serious money here, a shortfall of half a bar would not be hard to imagine based on RW's post, how would the Trust fund that in the short term ? Cap in hand once more to the members ? Do you really think that would raise a swift £500k ? Perhaps the Club could borrow it but what would have to be given up to secure such a debt and who should be in a position to take that step ?

These are the questions Bondy's Bud's should be asking of the Club and themselves, but in addition to asking the questions they should be coming to you with detailed answers.

Steps back to watch yet more sagebrush waft gracefully in total silence down Well Street.