• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

2011/12 season ticket prices

BlockC

My understanding is that there will be only one Standing Order option: 10 equal monthly payments April 2011 to Jan 2012 of the Saver price only and must be set up before 31 March 2011. So if you wish to use this arrangement then suggest you sort as soon as possible. I understand if you apply before 31 March then no payments will be taken until April 2011 anyway so no harm in getting it sorted early.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I don't think anyone can grumble at a £1 increase on POTG prices. I doubt you'll get a cheaper L1 ticket anywhere else?
Clearly I am. I don't think there is much cheaper around L1, though prices charged bear no relation to the quality of the viewing area. Swindon is £18 for a seat if bought in advance.

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
I don't think anyone can grumble at a £1 increase on POTG prices. I doubt you'll get a cheaper L1 ticket anywhere else?
Why can't anyone grumble? Is there any particular reason why the prices have gone up by a pound? The VAT rise on a £15 ticket shouldn't be much more than 30p, does inflation really account for the other 60p?

We're in the same division as last year, essentially watching the same players (bar a few) and essentially watching the same teams (bar a few), so what's different that warrants a price rise?

Early Bath

Why can't anyone grumble? Is there any particular reason why the prices have gone up by a pound? The VAT rise on a £15 ticket shouldn't be much more than 30p, does inflation really account for the other 60p?

We're in the same division as last year, essentially watching the same players (bar a few) and essentially watching the same teams (bar a few), so what's different that warrants a price rise?
I should imagine a whole host of things are different,e.g. utility prices, fuel, especially for transporting players and staff around, materials for ground maintenance, printing etc.

Boyo

Clearly I am. I don't think there is much cheaper around L1, though prices charged bear no relation to the quality of the viewing area. Swindon is £18 for a seat if bought in advance.
Here's a comparisson of what it costs to stand on other L1 clubs terraces (all current season prices):
Brentford £20
Hartlepool £18
Peterborough £20
Rochdale £15
Carlisle £16
Bristol Rovers £16
Yeovil £15

I'd also argue that the BB is probably the best terrace to stand on, so like for like we're doing well, especially given many of the prices I list above will also increase for next season.

I'm not saying it's cheap to watch ECFC or indeed that it's good value for money, but ino order to compete on the pitch we need as much income as possible.

Strongbow

Well-known Exeweb poster

The commercial or financial people at the club thinking that this price rise will maximise income?

Grecian_Jay

F*ck me I love a good moan but this is taking ths ****.

We are only talking about £4 more than when we were in the conference and playing some real sh*t. The club is a business as well so needs to make as much money as possible whilst remaining realistic in their pricing policy. We compare well to other clubs of similar stature in our league therefore it is realistic.

You haooy clapping t*ssers keep banging on about how great Tis is and how lucky we are etc, get your wallet out and f*cking stop being so stingy.

Strongbow

Well-known Exeweb poster
Here's a comparisson of what it costs to stand on other L1 clubs terraces (all current season prices):
Brentford £20
Hartlepool £18
Peterborough £20
Rochdale £15
Carlisle £16
Bristol Rovers £16
Yeovil £15

I'd also argue that the BB is probably the best terrace to stand on, so like for like we're doing well, especially given many of the prices I list above will also increase for next season.

I'm not saying it's cheap to watch ECFC or indeed that it's good value for money, but ino order to compete on the pitch we need as much income as possible.
As a side to this, I can see why it is useful to compare our prices to others in the division, but in a business sense they don't really matter that much. Nobody is going to think "its £2 cheaper to watch Carlisle, I'll go there instead", so we are not in competition with other clubs directly for income. Its more important how the price appeals to those in our catchment area that aren't part of what you would call our "hardcore support", when compared with other things they may choose to spend their money on.

Not sure that makes perfect sense, but hopefully the gist of it is clear!

Grecian_Jay

As a side to this, I can see why it is useful to compare our prices to others in the division, but in a business sense they don't really matter that much. Nobody is going to think "its £2 cheaper to watch Carlisle, I'll go there instead", so we are not in competition with other clubs directly for income. Its more important how the price appeals to those in our catchment area that aren't part of what you would call our "hardcore support", when compared with other things they may choose to spend their money on.

Not sure that makes perfect sense, but hopefully the gist of it is clear!
I hear you sailor. Is it cheaper to take your little one to City or take him/her to Crealy? What is better value? Probably Crealy to be fair. [H]

Grecian2K

Don't usually agree with you Jay, but Here! Here! on this occasions.

And I'd guess almost certainly the ones who moan loudest about any price increases are also the first to grumble about any lack of signings/investment etc when things get a bit sticky. :(