• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
Non-league side. And by that I mean Blue Square South.

Borat

At least there game was on ;)

Poultice

Very well known Exeweb poster
Probably includes a few of ours as well, I expect the boys will have a decent excuse when they get home from the game.

forevertufc

Oh dear,oh dear,how can you come out with this after your game was called off.

Just think of the hours spent shaking those buckets for this new wonder pitch,and you could not get your game on,when just 20 mins down the road,with the same rain,plucky little Torquay did.

ecfc= TINPOT.

Last edited:

banging_them_in

Well-known Exeweb poster
Oh dear,oh dear,how can you come out with this after your game was called off.

Just think of the hours spent shaking those buckets for this new wonder pitch,and you could not get your game on,when just 20 mins down the road,with the same rain,plucky little Torquay did.

ecfc= GAY.

.....corrected for exactitudinals, I'd say.

jmgull

So predictable......wouldn't have guessed Max would have started a thread saying 1602:D

1550 and 50 from Burton is really very very poor indeed but is a sign of the very deep recession that this part of Devon is suffering from.

With a load of home games recently and another one on Saturday.......a lot of folk just aint got the disposable income they once had, bad times alright.

I'm sure the pattern of low midweek attendances will be replicated around the country....

Still, i enjoyed the game:D

A win that puts us back in touch with the play offs......we were worth more than the 1-0 scoreline suggests and outfought Burton in every department.

Oh.....and the pitch was in pretty good nick too;)

journeyman

Includes me and my old man...and 57 other Burton fans.

Burton also made you look good.

United09

I heard gypsies layed sid james pitch in the summer.

banging_them_in

Well-known Exeweb poster
.....those gypsies, are they still also used too, to sell bits of heather to raise funds, as a variation on the buckets idea ?

jmgull

Includes me and my old man...and 57 other Burton fans.

Burton also made you look good.
Yeah Burton were poor....they normally always give you a good game but seem to have gone very long ball since signing Zola.....he was particulary poor i thought. On a heavy'ish pitch it's always going to be a bit of a battle i suppose.

I actually think Burton had more flags than fans:D

Incidentally do you think that was a pen early on when Zebs went down.....I didnt have a great view myself?