• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

£500 a week cap on benefits

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I think its great that everyone on benefits gets £500 a week. ^o)

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
Basically what the government is saying is don't get out of bed for less than a tenner an hour.

greenawayr

What a pile of sensationalist drivel, urinal. That figure also appears to include child benefits which those in work are also entitled to recieve. Being a 'poor wretched soul' on benefits, and single, I receive far less than half that figure a week. Whilst I'm grateful to the taxpayer for allowing me to exist - just - it doesn't give anyone the right to constantly and publicly abuse those of us who find we are at the mercy of the benefits system. I'd like to see you survive this way ... [n]
Er, I suspect you'll find that although this may come across as a generalisation, it is in fact, not targetted at the genuine cases, but in fact the leaches on society, and whether you like it or not, there's only one way to weed them out, and that's by giving them a more attractive alternative. However, having served a few of these types in my uni times, I can vouch that they'd prefer to cut themselves down to 1 new DVD a week and perhaps a couple of pints less too (well maybe not), rather than go into work.

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2011/sep/10/benefits-cap-make-children-homeless

How you have to feel sorry for those poor wretched souls who will have "only" a £500 a week maximum in benefits!

And, of course, it's the evil Tories imposing the limit.
That's still more than £2k a month that's not being taxed. Cut it even more and force the lazy barstewards out to work.

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
... it is in fact, not targetted at the genuine cases ...
Methinks you didn't read my slightly later posts ...

mfcrocker

But I know we'll meet again, some sunny day...
That's still more than £2k a month that's not being taxed. Cut it even more and force the lazy barstewards out to work.
Well done, you are the C*nt of the Week.

Benefit scroungers are a minority in the larger set of people who rightfully need benefits, you tw*t.

Mr Jinx

Benefit scroungers are a minority in the larger set of people who rightfully need benefits, you tw*t.
How do you know? Proof please. Linkage will do.

mfcrocker

But I know we'll meet again, some sunny day...
How do you know? Proof please. Linkage will do.
It's so f*cking obvious that I'm not dignifying that request with the research. There is no way in hell that >50% of benefits claimants are not needing of those benefits.

Poultice

It's so f*cking obvious that I'm not dignifying that request with the research. There is no way in hell that >50% of benefits claimants are not needing of those benefits.
But pretty easy to see how >50% are not deserving of the benefits they receive.

Mr Jinx

Shame that, cos I've found plenty of linkage to the contrary of your claim. Here's just one:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2011/jul/26/employment-allowance-test-discriminates-disabled