• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Caldwell out?

Gary Caldwell as our manager

• In

Votes: 229 59.9%
  • Out

Votes: 153 40.1%

• Total voters

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Unless things have changed in the last year or two each club gets information showing them their relative position within their league (without getting info on others). I believe they may also get info on the overall range of budgets within the division.

i.e. Pompey will be told they're 5th in L1 and that the top budget is 3x bigger than theirs and that the bottom budget is 4x lower.

I think this information is received twice a season.
Thanks, didn't know this.

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
This is what we like to see. Team finishes second with 88 points. Loses *on penalties* in play offs.

Club state that management team had reunited the fan base, fought against a dreadful financial position they inherited and conducted themselves superbly. So the next step is ....

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
This is what we like to see. Team finishes second with 88 points. Loses *on penalties* in play offs.

Club state that management team had reunited the fan base, fought against a dreadful financial position they inherited and conducted themselves superbly. So the next step is ....

Perhaps they can't afford that management team's wages anymore? Reads a bit like that.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Perhaps they can't afford that management team's wages anymore? Reads a bit like that.
That's what that statement sounds like to me.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster

Scunthorpe are one of just a few teams with a body part in their name.

Red Bill

I don't think the clubs find out who is placed elsewhere (though I suspect in many cases they're able to guess!)
I think you're right.

I'm a bit bemused by this discussion though. I'm struggling to understand why people who have often opined that our ownership model is holding us back because we'll never be able to compete with the budgets of privately owned clubs, seem to be finding it so hard to believe we have the second lowest budget, in a league where we're the only fans owned club.

DawlishBouy

I think you're right.

I'm a bit bemused by this discussion though. I'm struggling to understand why people who have often opined that our ownership model is holding us back because we'll never be able to compete with the budgets of privately owned clubs, seem to be finding it so hard to believe we have the second lowest budget, in a league where we're the only fans owned club.
The reason why people (both pro Trust and pro private) are struggling to believe City are second bottom is because the club chairman said otherwise. This discussion is also about struggling to understand why different senior people at the club can give completely different stories to where the club sits in the budget table.

tavyred

Very well known Exeweb poster
I’ve noted your tone on the politics thread and needless to say you struggle to have a mature, balanced conversation which is a shame as you can post well on here too
On that subject, you did accuse me of being a “nutter” and wearing a tin foil hat. 🤣
Mature and balanced conversation?

I think I have your number Max on the GC issue, and I think it bugs you because I do.
One final question, is GC doing well despite our perceived low end budget or doing well in a way that is consistent with our budget?

DawlishBouy

On that subject, you did accuse me of being a “nutter” and wearing a tin foil hat. 🤣

I think I have your number Max on the GC issue, and I think it bugs you because I do.
One final question, is GC doing well despite our perceived low end budget or doing well in a way that is consistent with our budget?
We don’t know do we?
If the budget is as per stated by Hawker he’s done a good job. If the budget is as stated by Tagg he has done an exceptional job.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster

We started and ended the season well, we have to pray that the seasons end is an eye into next season, the bit in-between that he should have been fired for. We will find out next season if the club / board made the right choice or not. We where largely awful for most of the season, next season league one won't be so forgiving. If our performance / consistency is the first 6 and 9/10 matches, then we have complete reason to be excited, if it is the huge part in-between, then we need to be worried.