• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Northampton Town v Exeter City Matchday Thread - Kick off 2-00 PM

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Hey! come on now…

I’m a highly experienced and highly professional broadcaster, who is acutely aware of his responsibilities to inform the listeners of all relevant developments across the whole County…

… who also happens to love it when Argyle lose 🤷‍♂️ 😉

I did go so far as to say that I wouldn’t want any club to suffer the way Torquay are/have… and that it’s good for all Devon clubs if the big three are thriving off the field, particularly.

I thinks it’s important to speak with authority and authenticity when calling City games. It’s not 5 live, so it’s not about being entirely impartial. If I am unprepared factually, or unwilling to show a sense of self to you while on air, I’ve done you all a disservice.

Glad our work was well received. Jon’s a lovely lad, and a real natural. We enjoyed yesterday a lot.
Jim you are definitely in a class of your own and a pleasure to listen to describing the action on the pitch during our games.

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Jim you are definitely in a class of your own and a pleasure to listen to describing the action on the pitch during our games.
See post 22

sign of the chimes

The only admirals I want to see in red this summer are butterflies.
The latter more likely to find the back of the net on the basis of what I've read on here?

STURTZ

I can’t see Argyle getting relegated this year, I think they have just about enough to stay up - the Ipswich game was the killer for me as even a draw and they’d have been right in it

As it stands I think they can get a win from one of their last two

However - what it will likely set them up for is a Rotherham type whitewash next season which would be excellent fun to watch at a distance 😍
I think Arghgyle could easily go down this season and a quick look at their own fan base backs up the fact that they are in a terrible mess, they have no manager and the Leicester result was an incredible fluke.
But no matter whatever happens this is extending the season for me adding a bit of intrigue whilst our season is effectively over.
Next week I will be Millwall fan and after that Hull will be my favourites. Lose those two and Slime can stick their £21 million pound academy up their backsides!

STURTZ

...and not only this, the stage is set for young Stanno to really gain a healthy dose of sweet revenge! The way things have gone so far I wouldn't bet against it!

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Anyway, on topic!

The away 360

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Anyway, on topic!

The away 360

Who was singing 'We hate West Brom' when the sides were lining up before the game?

grecIAN Harris

Who was singing 'We hate West Brom' when the sides were lining up before the game?
Nowt to do with us as far as I'm aware.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think Arghgyle could easily go down this season and a quick look at their own fan base backs up the fact that they are in a terrible mess, they have no manager and the Leicester result was an incredible fluke.
But no matter whatever happens this is extending the season for me adding a bit of intrigue whilst our season is effectively over.
Next week I will be Millwall fan and after that Hull will be my favourites. Lose those two and Slime can stick their £21 million pound academy up their backsides!
What a great result Caldwell seems to have developed a squad where whatever happens to a first teamer either before or during the game as yesterday we are not as badly weakened as we were previously and whoever comes in seems to be able to do a more than decent job.

I think this is the strongest squad I have ever seen us have and there is tremendous team spirit with everyone supporting and looking out for each other.

Season virtually now over except for the likes of Plymouth in the Championship.

Although when we play Oxford they will still be fighting to secure a place in the playoffs.

UTC

elginCity

Vil of the Villa