• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Northampton Town v Exeter City Matchday Thread - Kick off 2-00 PM

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
Can you agree on a 'buzz phrase' that you can say on air e.g "Plymouth are playing like a team in transition" but we all know that you actually mean that they are sh*t.
How about if he says “Plymouth will be hoping for a win today to ease their relegation fears” and we know he means “God I hate those green w@nkers, I hope their stadium burns down”?

Jim Dale

How about if he says “Plymouth will be hoping for a win today to ease their relegation fears” and we know he means “God I hate those green w@nkers, I hope their stadium burns down”?
I definitely do not endorse this message, FBH! Bloody’ell, you lot… Stop trying to get me in to trouble 🤦‍♂️

fred binneys head

I definitely do not endorse this message, FBH! Bloody’ell, you lot… Stop trying to get me in to trouble 🤦‍♂️
Just having a bit of fun Jim, you’re a quality commentator, keep up the good work 👍

(If he says ‘thank you’ he means ‘argyle are shiite’)

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Just having a bit of fun Jim, you’re a quality commentator, keep up the good work 👍

(If he says ‘thank you’ he means ‘argyle are shiite’)
Top quality and Jon Beer has now settled well into his role as summarizer although my favourite in that role is still the always positive and indefatigable Alan Tonge.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Squeaky bum time at Gnome Park, it's official!
So many possible scenarios but likely to be nothing settled until final whistle on all the games next Saturday

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Jim no one in their right minds could ever think of you doing that and as for burn down the stadium has the poster forgotten the tragedy of the Bradford City stand burning down.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Can't assume huddersfield are down when a scrappy win next week puts them above birmingham
Absolutely Saint can’t assume anything with so many different scenarios still possible but certainly think all Argigle fans will be having some very sleepless nights just pleased that we are not in the same situation

Exehausted

So many possible scenarios but likely to be nothing settled until final whistle on all the games next Saturday
I think the Championship finishes on Saturday week Sexton, a week after League One.

Grecian Max

I can’t see Argyle getting relegated this year, I think they have just about enough to stay up - the Ipswich game was the killer for me as even a draw and they’d have been right in it

As it stands I think they can get a win from one of their last two

However - what it will likely set them up for is a Rotherham type whitewash next season which would be excellent fun to watch at a distance 😍

Reactions: CC

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
I can’t see Argyle getting relegated this year, I think they have just about enough to stay up - the Ipswich game was the killer for me as even a draw and they’d have been right in it

As it stands I think they can get a win from one of their last two

However - what it will likely set them up for is a Rotherham type whitewash next season which would be excellent fun to watch at a distance 😍
Think you mean the Leicester game, but yeah, I agree. That was massive and I can't see Argyle going down now.

Like you, I do think they're circling the drain in this division so as long as we stay in league 1, we'll meet again.