• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Northampton Town v Exeter City Matchday Thread - Kick off 2-00 PM

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Wednesday 3 :1 up!
Squeaky bum time at Gnome Park, it's official!

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Squeaky bum time at Gnome Park, it's official!
More likely to relegate Birmingham (and Jay Stansfield), unfortunately.

denzel

More likely to relegate Birmingham (and Jay Stansfield), unfortunately.
Looking at the table it's still on. Assume that Hudds are down so if Brum can beat them and Wednesday get something from their next game Argyle will need to beat either Millwall or Hull.

STURTZ

Between 3 teams for one spot. 2 games each.
Slime 48, Wednesday 47, Brum 46. Plymouth have better goal average but could be overtaken by Brum getting 5 back on them (Go Stanno!)
Millwall v Slime, Slime v Hull.
Sheff W v W Brom, Sunderland v Sheff W
Huddersfield v Brum, Brum v Norwich.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Looking at the table it's still on. Assume that Hudds are down so if Brum can beat them and Wednesday get something from their next game Argyle will need to beat either Millwall or Hull.
Can't assume huddersfield are down when a scrappy win next week puts them above birmingham

STURTZ

Oh yeah there are other permutations, Blackburn for instance but I'm looking at Slime losing both their remaining games, they really are in a terrible state!
Hudders at Ipswich last game? They are down!

denzel

Can't assume huddersfield are down when a scrappy win next week puts them above birmingham
I'm not assuming they are down but it suits the scenario for them to lose, especially with Ipswich on the last day.

JCWhoosh

Hey! come on now…

I’m a highly experienced and highly professional broadcaster, who is acutely aware of his responsibilities to inform the listeners of all relevant developments across the whole County…

… who also happens to love it when Argyle lose 🤷‍♂️ 😉

I did go so far as to say that I wouldn’t want any club to suffer the way Torquay are/have… and that it’s good for all Devon clubs if the big three are thriving off the field, particularly.

I thinks it’s important to speak with authority and authenticity when calling City games. It’s not 5 live, so it’s not about being entirely impartial. If I am unprepared factually, or unwilling to show a sense of self to you while on air, I’ve done you all a disservice.

Glad our work was well received. Jon’s a lovely lad, and a real natural. We enjoyed yesterday a lot.
Can you agree on a 'buzz phrase' that you can say on air e.g "Plymouth are playing like a team in transition" but we all know that you actually mean that they are sh*t.

I'd prefer Birmingham to get relegated where their owner chopped and changed managers and deserve to;
they are only just about staying above water because of Stanno( getting relegated won't affect his stature). However, if Blackburn get relegated there is a superb pub virtually opposite the ground designated for away fans which also has accommodation.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Hey! come on now…

I’m a highly experienced and highly professional broadcaster, who is acutely aware of his responsibilities to inform the listeners of all relevant developments across the whole County…

… who also happens to love it when Argyle lose 🤷‍♂️ 😉

I did go so far as to say that I wouldn’t want any club to suffer the way Torquay are/have… and that it’s good for all Devon clubs if the big three are thriving off the field, particularly.

I thinks it’s important to speak with authority and authenticity when calling City games. It’s not 5 live, so it’s not about being entirely impartial. If I am unprepared factually, or unwilling to show a sense of self to you while on air, I’ve done you all a disservice.

Glad our work was well received. Jon’s a lovely lad, and a real natural. We enjoyed yesterday a lot.
How was the cheeky monkey?