• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Millenic Alli is a Grecian!

Spanks

Administrator
Staff member
I think once Alli settles down, improves fitness, and gets used to L1 levels he'll be a good player. At the moment everything feels a bit hectic when he's on the ball. It's almost like he does some difficult things really well but messes up the basics.

A work in progress for sure, but I have a feeling he might develop in to a really useful player next season.
Hectic isn’t such a bad thing, it’s a nightmare to defend. You know he could do something, or completely screw up, but you can’t plan for both, and end up on your arse either way.

There’s a touch of Zanzala about him at this stage, but could end up a league one Ameobi.

Simba3011

Wouldn't mind him starting Saturday, played really well and didn't tire

Bridgy 81

Well I don’t really care what anyone else thinks, I like him.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Something about him today. Still a rawness but he looks like he has some power so if he can shoot and hold the ball as well I think he could be what we need
Gary, you have unearthed a diamond :)

milts

One very good bit of play tonight to set Ilmari up for a great chance.

Fingers crossed he will come good.

arthur

Very well known Exeweb poster
He has come on leaps and bounds over the past month. Comparisons with Zanzala, probably the most technically inept player since Leon Braithwaite, are absurd

budegrecian

One very good bit of play tonight to set Ilmari up for a great chance.

Fingers crossed he will come good.
I thought his goal was a good bit of play too.

FanTactic

seeing him play so well away from home makes me think that we’re too quick to jump on the backs of our players at home sometimes, and forget what a nerve-wracking experience it must be as a youngster from 2/3 divisions below to adjust to. Back the lad and see where we are in 12 months time

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Great hopes that we have finally found a striker who can head the ball!

First since Stockley?

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Plenty from Alli to be encouraged about. Took his goal well and has a bit of everything you’d want in a L1 striker. We just need to give him time and refine his game. Hopefully he may get another one or two before the season is done and he can really kick on in the summer.