• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Caldwell out?

Gary Caldwell as our manager

• In

Votes: 227 59.6%
  • Out

Votes: 154 40.4%

• Total voters

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
That was the worst I've ever seen it down there. A brilliant game and memorable result, but it was not nice trying to get back to the car afterwards.
A huge failure of policing that night. I had two teenagers with me (son and friend) and even having escaped the assault on the walkway the walk back to the car was very disturbing as you correctly point out

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
That was the worst I've ever seen it down there. A brilliant game and memorable result, but it was not nice trying to get back to the car afterwards.
Yep, Plymouth's finest were out in force that night, fuelled by our late winner and jubilant celebrations. Someone lobbed a firework at me and some mates when we were heading back to our car which started pinging off in all directions. That was way more frightening than any scummy little middle aged tw@t in a Stone Island top throwing a few hand gestures around.

Boyo

A lot of this debate is being aimed towards the Caldwell out's, who else would you get etc etc.

I am wondering, what kind of run would turn those whom are pro Caldwell against him?

So if we lost all of our remaining games, but stayed up, would you still back him going into next season? Or if we start next season like Cheltenham did this season Or did another 100 day stretch without a win.

Just curious.
It's more than results and any run. It's all about the overall situation and the context.

The 6 game losing streak at the end of last season came against the teams that finished 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 6th and 7th, at the business end of the season, when we had nothing to play for. All six teams we played had significantly higher wage bills than us. Obviously that's not an ideal run of results, but the context there makes it forgivable, particularly given it was only the Ipswich game where we were really turned over.

Similarly the bad run in the league this season coincided with terrible injury situation. The bench was full of kids and we were playing square pegs in round holes. I believed at the time that we were better off sticking with GC. The players appeared to be buying into what they were being asked to do, and I didn't see how sacking him would help.

elginCity

The players stayed onside throughout the poor run, as did the Board. Had GC lost either, he would have been fired. The means are there.

Tipping point for me would be if the dressing room is clearly lost, and the Board doesn’t act or is too slow to react. As a fan, of a fan owned club, focus (and accountability) should always be on the Board rather than a manager imo.

Alistair20000

That 52/48 split is now getting closer

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
In or out is a moot point really. He's going nowhere until he decides to leave. Other than pep, he's got the most comfortable job in football, and he knows it.

We8Argyle

Plymouth will stay up, as the rest down the bottom are worse than them. Would like QPR or Birmingham fixtures next season!!!
I disagree. Foster can’t buy a win, the wheels are well & truly falling off. Jay will keep Brum up.

grecianstew

That 52/48 split is now getting closer
And look how going with the 52% turned out! Democracy can be dangerous in the hands of the masses.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
I disagree. Foster can’t buy a win, the wheels are well & truly falling off. Jay will keep Brum up.
Hope so, but you only need one lame horse out of the five or so chasing Argyle.

I hope you are right, but think otherwise as Hardie, Whittaker, etc will bail them out despite Foster.