• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

League One - 2023/24

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Thank you for clarifying that if a team loses games against teams below them they won't be the same amount of points ahead of them.

You can tell you know your stuff Ian. Very lucky to be able to learn from you.
And thanks for showing us your complete lack of understanding of the difference between opinion against fact once again. Thank god there aren't times where I wish I was thick as you.🙄

sign of the chimes

You really are a bright one aren't you. Completely missed the prefix and then can't even get the sides in the right order. Given that Pompey have three of the other sides to play against, the relevance is there. If they should lose all three, Pompey won't be five points clear if indeed they are still top at all after that set of potential results.
Indeed, it's a tough run of fixtures. On one hand quite daunting, on the other it leaves our destiny very much in our own hands.

So far, our record against the others around us has been quite good. We've done the double over Peterborough, got a point at Derby, beat Bolton at home, won at Barnsley and took four points off both Stevenage and Derby.

As I said in my previous post, I think our mentality has taken us to this point - obviously I hope it's good enough to get us over the line.

To use a cricket analogy we've been like a Test batsman who has a decent average - but who've got there pulling out matchwinning knocks in tight situations or on testing pitches. If we fall short now, it will be desperately disappointing, but we'll still have outperformed most expectations at the start of the season.

Antony Moxey

The difference between the league table on New Year's Day and now is wild. I hadn't realised quite how bad the form of Carlisle and Port Vale had been but, even so, to put 20+ points on both of them is still pretty remarkable.
Interesting in that in those fifteen games since that first table we’ve only managed to improve our goal difference by one. I’m sure Caldwell’s aware of that and so will be working hard on both ends of the pitch to try and rectify that next season.

STURTZ

Think we should be looking at Lincoln, something weird going on there.

Mid Devon Grecian

Think we should be looking at Lincoln, something weird going on there.
Yes we should, here’s a team that appears to have got itself a potent front line and is providing great entertainment. In their last three games they’ve scored nearly 50% of our season to date total.

we definitely should be looking at how they’re doing it.

CC

Weren't we supposed to be in for Joe Taylor, the loanee from Luton who has scored 6 in the last 3 games for them?

Rosencrantz

The difference between the league table on New Year's Day and now is wild. I hadn't realised quite how bad the form of Carlisle and Port Vale had been but, even so, to put 20+ points on both of them is still pretty remarkable.
In the last 30 games of the bottom six between them they have amassed two wins. I guess that says it all really.

Rosencrantz

Interesting in that in those fifteen games since that first table we’ve only managed to improve our goal difference by one. I’m sure Caldwell’s aware of that and so will be working hard on both ends of the pitch to try and rectify that next season.
I think our form in those games have been mid table so it isn't really a surprise that the GD reflects that. I think we all know that we need to score more goals though. Our goals against in that spell hasn't been too bad really and our clean sheet record over the season is remarkably good for our position. We are currently ninth in L1 for clean sheets with 12 and joint thirteenth on AVG conceded with Oxford.

Red Monster

Weren't we supposed to be in for Joe Taylor, the loanee from Luton who has scored 6 in the last 3 games for them?
I was hoping Luton would have done the decent thing and
loaned us Taylor after the Debacle of Muskwe .

ryancooper327

Refreshed the source, think we've moved slightly higher on the chart. We're tied bottom for the lowest highest goal scorer tally along with Burton.

1710796075701.png