• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Bolton Wanderers Matchday Thread

i8cornwall

yeah overall poor but he pulled of a couple of.abso amazin reaction saves to deny sonny and eisa? which unfortunately att kept them in it.
He is the back up and with how ruthless Evett has been previously with poor keepers I'd imagine his time at Bolton is now coming to an end.

Reactions: 007

Bridgy 81

As others have already said the Cheltenham match next month is likely to be a big one, but before that comes around we have Shrewsbury, Burton and Charlton to play first.
I’m hoping (and expecting) that we’ll have a few more points in the bag before we go to Gloucestershire.

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Can never work out if you are on a mad wind-up or if you just genuinely have no idea about football. Think I'm leaning towards the latter.
Are you talking to yourself in the mirror again?🤨

Grecianpasty

Glad to get the point, but let's be honest here, the first half was a joke. The bolton fans i was with today said they hadnt seen a worse team than us all season at half time. Then, two magic moments by one player saved us the game.

geoffwp

We went more direct, got in there faces more and made a game of it on our terms, this is a huge moment and one I really hope the players take confidence from and the management team reflect on to get to the points needed to stay up. Well done to all, That 2nd half performance was hugely needed following being nowhere near first half. Bolton will be kicking themselves.
You just can't help yourself can you. Just accept performances and a great point earned for once instead of spouting the bile at the end. Your better than that .....
Couldn't find any bile spouted tbh SJ

iscalad

Yes by taking Niskanen off and bringing on Rankine to have some pace on the counter would definitely have cost us 2 goals, rather than the 1 we did give away.

You'd believe anything Caldwell did was right so not gonna waste any time on you this evening.
So, did you not see the runs Ilmari made in the 3nd half. Do you seriously think Dionne is that much faster.
I'm so glad I don't watch the same games as you.

Last edited:

Bat Fastard

Same here, just a healthy difference of opinion imo

JGrecian23

So, did you not see the runs Ilari made in the 3nd half. Do you seriously think Dionne is that much faster.
I'm so glad I don't watch the same games as you.
Missed the 3nd half, 2 were enough for me!

But yes I think a fresh Rankine is 10x faster than a tired Niskanen.

I'm always happy when you disagree with me trust me!

JGrecian23

Unfortunately there are a few on here who concentrate more on the poster than the post so a decent debate is hard to come by.

eurogrecian

Glad to get the point, but let's be honest here, the first half was a joke. The bolton fans i was with today said they hadnt seen a worse team than us all season at half time. Then, two magic moments by one player saved us the game.
Well, to be honest, I thought Bolton were outstanding in the first half. They did not give us a sniff.
After Bolton went to sleep at half time (their manager must be fuming!) we got back in it and all credit to the players and staff, I'd have taken a point against a team like that all day long.