• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Bolton Wanderers Matchday Thread

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
We were super consistent September - November, to be fair.
And November to February

A good point but only 40% possession …. Caldwell out 😉

iscalad

I have no sympathy for , quite a few, fans who missed our 2 goals. Hope the enjoyed their prawn sandwiches ( probably a pint) at half time

There is definitely renewed hope after that second half. Get Woods and Eisa signed on for next season.
Frontline of Cox, Alli and Eisa could be exciting.

arthur

Bolton where awful second half. It's 2 points dropped for Whites, thread bear squad but that's not an excuse.
Thanks. I thought the same. Not buying this we were carp first half and brilliant the second. Bolton were incredibly good first half and we did well to hold them to 1 0. Sonny 's two goals knocked the stuffing out of them and they were a shadow of what they'd been in the first 45.

And I can't believe GC told the players not to attack in the first half but go for it in the second. That's just absurd.

A good performance all round and wonderful to experience some joy at last. We had more shots on target than they did and if just one of them had gone in we'd have won...

Great to have Aitchison back. Niskanen the best I've ever seen him and I'm not a huge fan. Eisa a bit meh, one of his shots on goal with just the keeper to beat was soft and straight at him, much like Wildschut's effort at Lincoln early in the second half.

For all this talk of not having a striker there is also the glaring deficiency of not having a midfield that can tackle. They did and it made a huge difference. Meanwhile their 19 strolled through the middle of the park at will...

denzel

Well GC rammed my words down my throat. Must have been some half time talk.
Shame Sonny didn't get his hattrick but for the first time in a while I think we should comfortably avoid the drop.
Same again on Tuesday please. And for the rest of the season..

manc grecian

Thanks. I thought the same. Not buying this we were carp first half and brilliant the second. Bolton were incredibly good first half and we did well to hold them to 1 0. Sonny 's two goals knocked the stuffing out of them and they were a shadow of what they'd been in the first 45.

And I can't believe GC told the players not to attack in the first half but go for it in the second. That's just absurd.

A good performance all round and wonderful to experience some joy at last. We had more shots on target than they did and if just one of them had gone in we'd have won...

Great to have Aitchison back. Niskanen the best I've ever seen him and I'm not a huge fan. Eisa a bit meh, one of his shots on goal with just the keeper to beat was soft and straight at him, much like Wildschut's effort at Lincoln early in the second half.

For all this talk of not having a striker there is also the glaring deficiency of not having a midfield that can tackle. They did and it made a huge difference. Meanwhile their 19 strolled through the middle of the park at will...
Surely Caldwell should be able to try and change the game when it's in progress. We sat off in the first half and barely put in a tackle. We gave Mahogma the freedom of midfield. Second half we were tighter, quicker and more aggressive. Shouldn't take a half time team talk to see such basic improvements

Well-known Exeweb poster
Their keeper was terrible.
yeah overall poor but he pulled of a couple of.abso amazin reaction saves to deny sonny and eisa? which unfortunately att kept them in it.

Stelios

I have no sympathy for , quite a few, fans who missed our 2 goals. Hope the enjoyed their prawn sandwiches ( probably a pint) at half time
When sat near hospitality in the Doble stand it's interesting how many people miss the first few minutes then leave their seat in the 40th minute and return in 50th. Always feels like the football gets in the way for some

Mid Devon Grecian

Surely Caldwell should be able to try and change the game when it's in progress. We sat off in the first half and barely put in a tackle. We gave Mahogma the freedom of midfield. Second half we were tighter, quicker and more aggressive. Shouldn't take a half time team talk to see such basic improvements
That’s as I saw it. First half we stood off and there was no aggression whatsoever. Second half Aitch, Harris & Woods were properly putting it about, disrupting play, nice niggly little fouls. They could have been doing that first half, seems we gave Bolton way too much respect.