• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Serious Torquay Thread

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Gonna miss the chipnickers.

View attachment 14914
Bummer 😢

Pobbop

Dont know if that was a dig at me. All I meant was, when we were on the poor run some people were questioning whether the Trust were the best people to take us forward. Some retorted that there has never been any interest in the club, and that we wouldn't be attractive to anyone, being away from London and all that.
Anyway, doesn't seem like TUST are interested or in a position to take over TUFC so it will be interesting to see how that goes.
Fair enough, if someone said that it was stupid. I don't remember it. I think the argument is if someone with the right intentions and sufficient money that was able to push us forward enough to relinquish Trust ownership, which has kept us solvent for decades now, is willing to come in we probably aren't in the best position location-wise for that.

Yes we could easily have had the type of investment that Torquay have just had, and may get now, but it's somewhat speculative they can even get that ATM.

STURTZ

View attachment 14914
Thanks for that Elgin, I'd lost my copy of that document years ago and thought it was lost for good!

Radio Free Skaro

View attachment 14914
And you wonder why their fans can't form a fully functioning trust?

cannockred

And you wonder why their fans can't form a fully functioning sentence ?
Edited for veracity

fred binneys head

Edited for veracity
The cheek of it!

andrew p long

The TUST bloke did say "Several" interested parties, So there must be others.
presumably including the usual quota of fantasists, chancers, property developers, narcissists, liars and crooks. Football clubs always get expressions of interest in ownership; I hope those making the decisions are worldly wise and do extensive due diligence...

Mid Devon Grecian

presumably including the usual quota of fantasists, chancers, property developers, narcissists, liars and crooks. Football clubs always get expressions of interest in ownership; I hope those making the decisions are worldly wise and do extensive due diligence...
Well, I guess if it’s sold before administrators are called in Mr Osborne can sell to whoever he likes. Of course the purchasers would have to pass fit and proper test, and we know what a joke that is in the football world.

cannockred

Well, I guess if it’s sold before administrators are called in Mr Osborne can sell to whoever he likes. Of course the purchasers would have to pass fit and proper test, and we know what a joke that is in the football world.
I would suggest that anyone who buys the club before administration woul fail the fit and proper test.

Number13

Anyone know what sort of bunce you'd need to buy into them? And what their level of debt is? Best thing this year would be a CVA, lose 10 points but clear the debt before starting again next year? If it drags on and they lose the 10 points next year, you've wasted a season of the recovery