• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Bristol Rovers match day thread

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
You must have been munching in your prawn sandwiches when Aitchison pulled his effort just wide early in the second half.
No prawn sandwiches on the big bank old boy.

I'd class that as a half chance especially with Aitchisons finishing.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
We must be the most patient fans in the country.
We’ve scored 8 goals at home in 15 games FFS 😡
That is absolutely appalling

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Makes no difference..The only calculation at the end of the season is how many points you have and whether this keeps you up or sends you down..The cliche about performance being the important thing is just that..a cliche..
Over a period of time performances translate into points. They're the only thing you can control. Wasn't there yesterday and sounds like it wasn't great, but from the highlights and various metrics, it sounds a bit better than the dark days of November.

Reactions: Egg

malcolms

Over a period of time performances translate into points. They're the only thing you can control. Wasn't there yesterday and sounds like it wasn't great, but from the highlights and various metrics, it sounds a bit better than the dark days of November.
Could be, but not always...The coaching staff have "control" over the product and if that product doesn't allow you to win games then that's all that matters...

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
That's alright then.
Never said that. My point was that those seeking to suggest Rovers were a class apart and that we deserved to lose are blinkered by their antipathy towards the manager. If you want to slate him for keeping the completely ineffective Niskanen on for the entire 90 mins then that, it seems to me, is a fair shout. However, to suggest we were never at the races and Rovers ran out deserved winners is nonsense.

manc grecian

Rovers were bog average as were Port Vale, Shrewsbury, Cambridge etc.

They all kept clean sheets.

Mid Devon Grecian

Can’t agree with you. We had a terrible 10 minutes immediately after they scored, and other than us being woeful in that period, Rovers brought absolutely nothing. They barely got in our half during the second period. Meanwhile, Sonny missed his chance, Reece hit the bar, and had another chance well saved from a tight angle (when he should have squared to a free Sonny). Still haven’t mentioned Jacks early effort after the break, where he really ought to have hit the target.

I’m no Caldwell apologist, but your assessment is wrong.
Maybe I was a bit negative. I’ve attended 12 home league games so far and seen the sum total of 4 goals (missed Lincoln, Orient & Carlisle games) and was hoping we’d turned the corner with the two away wins.

We did have some good chances but at the end of the day they need finishing. If we go behind the opposition more often than not just shut up shop and we seem unable, despite having a lot of possession, to break them down.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Could be, but not always...The coaching staff have "control" over the product and if that product doesn't allow you to win games then that's all that matters...
If good performances don't produce good results averaged over a long period, then they're not really good performances

Antony Moxey

The new wave of NFL “fans” from the UK over the past 20 years :sick:

I remember at uni the lads who wanted to get into it forcing themselves to like it just to feel different

It’s sh!te

And I’ve been to Packers in Green Bay
You are allowed to be completely clueless about some things y’know.

maybe Cole from a tight angle.
Head went when he didn’t square this😠