• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Gary's January Transfer Window

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Add a decent defensive midfielder before the window shuts and it would be a very positive one indeed.
Agreed. If business happened to be concluded regarding forwards that would do nicely but an XL Bully in our midfield would be a priority now if it were up to me.

tom_ecfc

Got a feeling 2 more will be coming in, with 1 going out tomorrow…

ryancooper327

Could do, but let's say for arguments sake we could do 1 in 1 out and lose a centre half and replace them with someone similar to Purrington but on the right (eg they can play fullback, but also do a decent job as a wingback or fill in at RCB)... And you could do this at more or less cost neutral... It'd be worth doing in my opinion.
Will Greenidge at Colchester. Might be tough to prize him away as he’s a fairly local boy but a pretty flexible defender. This season’s stats:

IMG_2552.jpeg

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Would be worth going for Jake Young again for that much this late in the window, can’t Imagine that’s far off what they wanted
He can't play for another team now till next season and I think it would've been closer to 500k

Red Monster

He can't play for another team now till next season and I think it would've been closer to 500k
I think that only applies to another loan.
They’ve already turned down bids from the likes of Carlisle.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
I only think that applies to another loan.
They’ve already turned down bids from the likes of Carlisle.
No, pretty sure it's for a sale as well. They turned down bids before ending speculation by picking him last week. Simpson said they weren't interested anymore, but that formally ended the possibility anyway (or words to the effect).

He'd only played for Swindon this season up until the weekend just gone.

Red Monster

No, pretty sure it's for a sale as well. They turned down bids before ending speculation by picking him last week. Simpson said they weren't interested anymore, but that formally ended the possibility anyway (or words to the effect).

He'd only played for Swindon this season up until the weekend just gone.
Cheers fair enough didn’t know that.

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
If we were to go with any of the named candidates on here it would be Pressley, if only because he reminds me of Stockley when he first came to us, similar in age, size, history and pedigree.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Add a decent defensive midfielder before the window shuts and it would be a very positive one indeed.
Someone like Ebou Adams please.

Bridgy 81

With Millenic joining us today we now have 10 players signed up on the dotted line for next season.
We almost have a full team already, just a keeper to go.
Mind you it’d currently require Cheick playing up front.