• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Plymouth Argyle Vs Exeter City Match Day Thread

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm beginning to think Jevani is a bit like Andy Cole - he can enjoy himself against mediocre sides, but struggles against good ones.
The same Andy Cole that scored 34 premier league goals in 1 season and numerous champions league goals for Man Utd? I bloody hope Jeavni is like him.

JayPob94

Cast your eyes back through the press at the time and you'll find it was made very obvious by Matt Taylor.

We all know. We have a fixed budget, mixed with the lack of keepers on the market. Obviously in league one we want a presence, its just a shame the fastest he's moved since he joined us was at 2am in the morning outside a club throwing a woman to the floor.

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
exactly - positional errors. Hartridge was heading the wrong way for the first and reacted too late. A shame cos he was good for most of the game.
He actually saw the danger of Whittaker's run but made the split second wrong decision of going to him rather across to block the space Whittaker was moving in to.

geoffwp

We all know. We have a fixed budget, mixed with the lack of keepers on the market. Obviously in league one we want a presence, its just a shame the fastest he's moved since he joined us was at 2am in the morning outside a club throwing a woman to the floor.
Now it's getting silly. Were you there to witness that?

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
All players make errors, today we made a few defensively but I think it was collectively rather than obvious individual errors. Blackman made no obvious errors, if you think he should get down quicker then try being 6ft 6" and 18 stone and see how quickly you can hit the deck. If your looking for a goal keeping error then wtf was the Argyle keeper doing for Nombes goal?

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
An enjoyable game - pains me to say it the greens are a useful team and have top strikers who will punish any mistakes
They have only conceded 3 goals at home before tonight and have one all nine games at home yet I thought we matched them for alot of the game
A good performance but disappointing result.
For the avoidance of doubt we will not go down

UTC

Spoonz Red E

Objective hat:
A good game of football for the telly.
Argyle do have a really good team and manager this season.
We had 'em worried for a while and, crossbar permitting, it could have been a good and nervy last quarter of an hour.
I liked our 'quick release' football early on.
Two clever goals for us with great lay-offs from Stanno.
Two of the goals for Argyle with controls and finish and one belter from range. Fair dos.
Well reffed.

City hat.
I liked Gary C's take on the game afterwards. A man with a plan methinks.

City 'ironic' hat.
When we beat them 4-0 the Gargs couldn't accept it and thus transmuted it into 'it gave us the kick up the ass we needed and spurred us on to promotion' (just don't mention the 9 game Covid bonus ...)

So thanks to them for getting us into promotion shape and I look forward to their Forest Green-ing it after Christmas.

Come April and the home game (on my birthday no less) will we deny them the points they need to keep in touch with promotion? :cool:

Happy days. ❤

Last edited:

manc grecian

Can't fault the effort. Collins is playing the best football of his life and Stansfield has it all. Our subs disrupted our game and theirs had the opposite effect.

fred binneys head

Currently stuck on the M5 which is closed at Bristol, f****** brilliant, just what I need. Thought the lads were superb tonight, gave it a right go and didn’t deserve the result they got. The subs were attacking but weakened the midfield, I would have left Dieng on, Kite had to come off as he had cramp. But overall I’m extremely proud of them all and really like the outlook of our new manager. Argyle fans were the w****** I knew they were. F****** w******.

fred binneys head

Stupid thing to say, tw**.