• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Wycombe Wanderers Matchday Thread

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Caption competition - Wycombe player salutes the player with the biggest thighs in L1
1660690086949.png

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Oh how could I forget the push over the railings ! Should have been a straight red card.
Nah. Sparkes didn't need to go over them. A definite bit of Wycombe-esque gamesmanship there.

Red Bill

Great match and performance. As already said no one had a bad game tonight. First half we were absolutely fantastic, the press and physicality were top drawer. So many good performances throughout, Diabate was probably my MotM. But a special mention for MJ as no one else seems to have mentioned him. I dont think there was a single blade of grass he didn't cover tonight and if you want an explanation of what defending from the front means, MJ gave us that tonight.
Whatever my feelings about Ainsworth are, he's a good manager and his teams play good football (when they're not rolling around on the floor). Wycombe are a decent side, and this was a good win where we were too much for them for large parts of the game.
A very pleasing night!
UTC!

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
That was a thoroughly enjoyable game played for the most part at breakneck speed.

we dominated the first half and for once got two goals ahead. Often we dominate the first 45 and only have one goal to show for it.

We struggled second half and the timing of the Nombe for Jay substitution was perfect giving us fresh impetus.

I'm still bemuse that MT still seems surprised by Kitey scoring goals. Doesn't he do it in training? I've always thought he has an eye for goal.
Last Saturday being a perfect example!

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Great win for City on an all- round great night..
Suddenly it's no longer just Key that might be attracting suitors, but also Diabete, Hartridge, Kite, Sparkes, Archie, and of course Sam and Jevani. This is not to discredit Sweenz who is doing really well, Dieng,, Matt J and all the others who are playing a big part.
It seems that rarely does one of our players have a bad game. This is a real team effort and everyone is enjoying and excited by the ride.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
And also makes a point of shaking MJ’s hand when he’s substituted. Class act.
When David Wheeler first started at City he spent some time training with the under-18's and was taken aback by just how skilful one of the kids was; that player was MJ.

Agent Andy

Tactical masterclass by Taylor , somehow finding out the big Wycombe c/h wasn’t playing and adapted his team to suit , leaving Sam on the bench , obviously did his homework with the help of an insider 😂😂

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Must admit, I'm struggling to work out what the sixth game was. 4 league, 1 Cup and?
You're right, it's 5:games. Impressive goal stats to start the season.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Matt Taylor

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Tim Dieng