• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

League 2 news 2021/22

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Love it. I guess the only thing that doesn't then give a true representation is when the allocation is less than the away side could have sold (I'm guessing Bratfud suffer in that respect).

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
Love it. I guess the only thing that doesn't then give a true representation is when the allocation is less than the away side could have sold (I'm guessing Bratfud suffer in that respect).
Also be good to look at average league position and also how many night matches they all had.

I’m over-thinking this.

grecIAN Harris

Is that average away at SJP or average City at other grounds?
I'd suggest the latter.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Also be good to look at average league position and also how many night matches they all had.

I’m over-thinking this.
Also need to factor in times when the allocation was sold out and when clubs could have taken more fans!

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'd suggest the latter.
That's correct

andrew p long

Great stats and detailed work.

one (impossible to calculate) is the effect of away fans who live away from Exeter ( and equivalent for other clubs). The London Grecians don’t travel many miles to the games at Orient and Sutton and I don’t travel many miles to Walsall, but still get counted in the away support. But the Norwegian Grecians....

perhaps I am overthinking this too...

burtiew

Living in East Anglia, Colchester were the only team in real striking distance. Now I have Ipswich, Cambridge, Lincoln, Peterborough and even feasibly Milton Keynes so my travel is slashed!!

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
EFL looking at whether to use VAR for the L1 and L2 play off finals.

sign of the chimes

EFL looking at whether to use VAR for the L1 and L2 play off finals.
It would be ironic to introduce a flawed system to ensure 'justice' to a game that could see clubs who scored far fewer points over the course of 46 games win a match with a disputed goal that could have been chalked off against them in the regular season.

I say that as someone who thought VAR was a shitty idea before it was introduced; even before we somehow managed to implemen it in this country in an even shittier way than most others.

Ultimately it's just sport/a game of football. If it becomes that important that the officials get the decision right, that it removes the spontaneity of celebrating a goal in the Big Bank/Fratton End/Wherever, then it suggests we've lost sight of what the game is actually about.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster