• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ollie Watkins

tommoore85

I know we've had enough cash from this beautiful man but seeing rumours of a move to West Ham upwards of £50mil. Would we get any more from this or has the juice been fully squezed now?

Cowshed Grecian

I know we've had enough cash from this beautiful man but seeing rumours of a move to West Ham upwards of £50mil. Would we get any more from this or has the juice been fully squezed now?
Hope so! We need a ground expansion for when we go up again next season

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
If West Ham paid £50m for Watkins then Brentford would receive 15% (Assuming this is their sell on figure) of around £18m. This would equate to £2.7m. We would then gain 15% of that figure which would mean we would get £405,000 additional on top of £150,000 for Villa staying this season

Snakebite

Well-known Exeweb poster
I thought there was an upper cap on the amount we would receive from Brentford but I can't find any mention of it so could be entirely wrong.

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
Possible that if Brentford got 15% sell on we might get 15% of 15% of that profit if you see what I mean.But probably talking through my hat. As you say anyway he’s done us all proud at this point in time bless him.

p.s I see MJP just beat me to it. 🤭

tommoore85

Thx all.

Still got some more england cap £ to look forward to also I think

Boyo

I thought there was an upper cap on the amount we would receive from Brentford but I can't find any mention of it so could be entirely wrong.
There is an upper limit on what Brentford (and hence ECFC) can receive in terms of the add-on, including Villa remaining in the PL, England appearances etc. However, future transfer fees are separate to the add-ons. We get 15% of anything Brentford receive.

andrew p long

There is an upper limit on what Brentford (and hence ECFC) can receive in terms of the add-on, including Villa remaining in the PL, England appearances etc. However, future transfer fees are separate to the add-ons. We get 15% of anything Brentford receive.
...is the right answer....

The cap on the England caps/Villa staying in the Premiership is £5m to Brentford (750k to us) Once the 150k for Villa staying up this season is paid to ECFC , we will only have a tiny amount left to be earns (37.5k IIRC). on the add ons.

But there is no cap on the sell ons so then we start to get interested if Oliie is sold for megabucks.

Back to the football Ollie's 10th goal this season means that in both of his first two seasons in the Premiership he has scored double figures in the Premiership *and* scored for England.

andrew p long

West Ham rumoured interest now in the Mail as well as the Guardian. The important thing for ECFC is that a deal will only be done at a (substantial) profit for Villa, which would generate a bit more cash for City

(however, I don't think West Ham will be prepared to pay the fee that would Villa would accept - unless Hammers find themselves awast with Declan Rice cash burning a hole in their pockets)

IndoMike

...is the right answer....

The cap on the England caps/Villa staying in the Premiership is £5m to Brentford (750k to us) Once the 150k for Villa staying up this season is paid to ECFC , we will only have a tiny amount left to be earns (37.5k IIRC). on the add ons.

But there is no cap on the sell ons so then we start to get interested if Oliie is sold for megabucks.

Back to the football Ollie's 10th goal this season means that in both of his first two seasons in the Premiership he has scored double figures in the Premiership *and* scored for England.
Just checking, Andrew, are you sure we still get a percentage of any profit Villa make on any Watkins sale? I thought the 5m maximum for Brentford to Villa was the end of the story. So if Villa made (say) a 15m profit, what percentage would Brentford get and what percentage of that would we get?