• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Crawley Town vs Exeter City Match Day Thread

KentGrecian

Highlights now on sky sports.com

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Great that MJ's goal came out of academy & that Josh responded to Matt T's instruction for the 3rd. https://www.skysports.com/football/crawley-town-vs-exeter-city/report/448589

Spoonz Red E

Very well known Exeweb poster
Love Sam Nombe holding the pose steady at the end while the photographer swaps his cameras. :cool:

dontpassback

What was Dawson thinking of going walkabout,and what was atanga doing with that stupid back pass,we need to cut out these stupid errors !!

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
The camera angle was useless for viewers to make a definite decision. I do think the answer though lies in Dawsons reaction right after the incident, when he started to walk towards his goal; in my view in anticipation of facing a penalty kick. It was only when he realised the decision had gone the other way that he ran around like a headless chicken, repeatedly finger wagging at their player (some might say encouraging the ref to show a red card). It was unsavoury. I suspect their manager will be spitting feathers over it during the post match interview!
I do agree that Dawson should have been booked.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
'everything that could go wrong has gone wrong'
apart from the lucky ricochet in the build-up to their goal.

'if he hadn't have jumped over the keeper's legs, he would have been sent to Redhill hospital'.'
not convinced this is true but if it is he could have jumped over Dawson's legs and still stayed on his feet; if he had stayed upright he would have had a chance to put the ball into an unprotected goal, albeit from a tight angle.

Yems was also left frustrated with the explanation after a tussle in the Reds area involving Tony Craig and George Ray ended up with Jake Hessenthaler and Atangana being booked.
"To come out and say that you booked two players because you didn't know the two culprits..."

How about condeming your players instead for kicking a City player when he was on the ground; if they behaved themselves in the first place it would make the referee's job much easier.

PeteUSA

Youtube highlights, for people outside the UK that Sky doesnt work for!

grecIAN Harris

Totally agree we were very lucky against Sutton
Yes would love us to play well every game and win but that’s why we love Exeter because you never know what’s going to happen in the next game
Unfortunately I will miss this one so give them a cheer for me
Lucky against Sutton? No. Did Sutton give us a good examination? Yes but we found a way. We changed our formation, got in front and they folded.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Their sending off and the lack of a penalty makes up for Tom Parkes getting sent off at Crawley last season along with the penalty that Tom Nichols scored.

Red Devon

Thought Jake Caprice really stepped up last night and had an excellent game, Collins also much improved on Saturdays performance…George Ray didn’t look as assured as he has been….and what a stunning strike from Jay to spark us into life against 10 men…Crawley have some lively players that can hurt teams so a very good three points away from home that.