• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Crawley Town vs Exeter City Match Day Thread

Thats 18 goals scored in the last 8 games.....

...,..and that really p&ssies me off with lots of you on here when your club doesn't get beaten week in week out. Suppose
Who cares
All teams that get promoted get lucky it’s our turn now
How many times have we watched city get robbed of points let’s enjoy

It took a bloke of theirs to get sent off for us to win. Not convinced.

Last edited by a moderator:
So far I've seen no one in this league who scares me. But our ball winning and retention have got to be better. Get that right, find someone who can take a set piece ( even a decent throw in routine) and we can do this.

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
Alternatively Nadesan gave us the game by diving in the penalty area when already on a booking.

I dont believe for one moment that he dived. I'm convinced Dawson was heading for his line to hopefully face a penalty, assuming he wasnt sent off.

dontpassback

A win is a win,and after all the draws 3 points is very welcome,but we need to be bettter with ball and stop making silly errors,we won’t get away with it against better teams,but we’ll done tonight

Trapdoor

It was a clear dive. He knew he was going nowhere. He didn't even bother to protest when he saw the ref coming over to him.

Memphis09

Who says I don't enjoy getting lucky? Not going to pretend that it's as much fun as playing well and deserving to win though.
Totally agree we were very lucky against Sutton
Yes would love us to play well every game and win but that’s why we love Exeter because you never know what’s going to happen in the next game
Unfortunately I will miss this one so give them a cheer for me

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I dont believe for one moment that he dived. I'm convinced Dawson was heading for his line to hopefully face a penalty, assuming he wasnt sent off.
As I said before, I don’t think it’s possible to make a definitive judgment based on the camera angle on iFollow.

budegrecian

As I said before, I don’t think it’s possible to make a definitive judgment based on the camera angle on iFollow.
You're possibly right, although I thought it was a definite penalty. However the referee was very well placed & knew he was making a big call, not only in denying the penalty but also in sending the player off. I can therefore only assume he was he was totally convinced by what he saw.
On such moments a season turns.....

STURTZ

Let's all be thankful that Pate wasn't the ref.

PeteUSA

The camera angle was useless for viewers to make a definite decision. I do think the answer though lies in Dawsons reaction right after the incident, when he started to walk towards his goal; in my view in anticipation of facing a penalty kick. It was only when he realised the decision had gone the other way that he ran around like a headless chicken, repeatedly finger wagging at their player (some might say encouraging the ref to show a red card). It was unsavoury. I suspect their manager will be spitting feathers over it during the post match interview!