• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Scunthorpe United V Exeter City MDT

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
Was there pyro set off yesterday?
Yes, a flare at the start of the game, didn’t affect anyone, was out of the way of everyone.

i8cornwall

Only just catching up with yesterday game (I was out watching Reading Vs QPR for something a bit different).

Great win, hopefully we can kick on and go on a little run and string a few wins together now, hoping Nombe scores next Saturday Infront of the bank.

Cheers for all the kind words on C20 yesterday, full credit to the younger lads who organised all of that and who made that trip.

i8cornwall

Yes, a flare at the start of the game, didn’t affect anyone, was out of the way of everyone.
Ok cool, it's the first I've heard of it which means it probably wasnt serious so to speak.

Similar to RL days we cant control everyone. There are only about 20 of us who are "members" of C20 and think only about 6 or 7 went yesterday.

Anyway can't change what's happened in the past, onto Sutton.

grecIAN Harris

For me the frustration was that Jake was being singled out for comment after the Forest Green game when he was far from being the biggest reason we didn't create much that day. I also found it frustrating that no-one seemed to take into account the quality of the player he was up against. We all know how good Kane Wilson is and Jake did a brilliant job keeping him quiet even if he wasn't able to do too much at the other end of the pitch. One final point is that I keep reading that Jake slows down our attacks because he has to cut inside to cross with his right foot and yet today his assist came when he cut inside to cross with his right foot.

For me, Jake is still worth his place in the team for his energy and pace on the ball. Even if his end product isn't always perfect we have central players like MJ and Jevani who have the quality to take advantage of the space created by Jake. And the fact that since Jake moved to left wing-back we have gone 5 games unbeaten, kept 3 clean sheets and scored 9 goals suggests it's working.
If he hadn't been getting into the right positions, not having the opportunities and not turning them down or getting turned over by Kane Wilson whilst attempting to beat him that might be a valid point but as it stood last week that's absolute nonsense. He had the opportunities because he got into the right positions but kept stopping, holding on to the ball and then playing it back 20 yards. Kane Wilson didn't need to lay a glove on him defensively because he didn't need to. Jake was doing his job for him. As for the final comment, again it's about his movement. He kept moving, just as he did against Rovers not coming to an unnecersery standstill as he did last week.

Memphis09

Don't tell Memphis, MJ shouldn't even be in the squad, remember 😂
He is and if he scores I am pleased
Always want the best for my team UTC

grecIAN Harris

He is and if he scores I am pleased
Always want the best for my team UTC
................. but I just don't understand what it is. :unsure:

Memphis09

To think someone posted on here at the start of this season that they reckoned that Jay was not good enough for league football.
Think that was me sorry I am being made to eat my words
Long may it continue UTC

Oldsmobile-88

Listening to BBC Humberside on the way from the game,the Commentator/summariser was waxing lyrical about MJ,especially his work rate.

I thought Dieng was excellent yesterday.No Scunthorpe players fancied a 50/50 tackle against him.He has got up to speed with his match fitness after being put in the team a bit earlier than expected due to Archie Collins injury.

Memphis09

They did and you have to wonder about their view of the game, if they have one.
I note there are a couple of posters rather conspicuous by their absence, who I have no doubt would have been all over the thread like a rash had things been different. Maybe if the team continue to perform like that it will be a permanent absence.🤔
Sorry been on holiday
We are all allowed our views even if you don’t agree
Likewise I don’t agree with everything you say but let’s be totally honest we all want the best for City the team I have supported all my life and always will
We all have favourites regarding the team and players we don’t think are up to it but that’s our opinions
I really do think with the squad we have we will actually get promoted this season
UTC

Memphis09

................. but I just don't understand what it is. :unsure:
To get promoted and be the best we possibly can be