• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

MDT Exeter City v Forest Green Rovers

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Kite has shown improvement, and would rightfully have been involved today had he not been suspended.

I agree with you with regards to atangana. I thought he showed better quality than Dieng on the ball, and has generally been a consistent performer when he's played this season, barring his mistake against orient that led to Grounds sending off.
I too was impressed by Atangana when he came in but the problem is that neither he nor Dieng appear to be fully fit at the moment. Hopefully, Taylor coming in and Kite coming back from suspension will allow those two to have a proper rest and come back fully fit.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Well that was horrible. Their goalie made one save and our attacking strategy seemed to be to lump hopeful but hopeless balls down the channels. The ref was horrible. Our new creative midfield player created sod all. 5 2 3 is horrible. And this has to be the very last time Caprice plays on the left. Sea Grecian described this as enjoyable. I didn't enjoy it one bit
Well, they do so you get a different perspective watching on iFollow! I thought this was a day when a lot of things were going against us - makeshift midfield, strikers not used to playing together, Sweeney having one of his less good days. Given all that I felt we battled hard to get a point which we probably didn't deserve.

And while the game as a whole became a bit of a stalemate I thought there were a lot of really good players out there and really enjoyed some of the individual contests - Matt against our centre-halves, Nombe against theirs and in particular Caddan against Key on our right hand side.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
been one of our better players this season, he just wasn’t on it today. Was sloppy in possession and didn’t create the way he usually does. Nothing wrong with saying that. I mentioned he usually creates and starts a lot of our moves and wasn’t able to today. It was also Key who made the last ditch tackle although there could’ve been another as missed the last 5 mins of the first half.
Much as I love Pierce I think that's a fair summary. The few times I've seen him play I've been really impressed by Jordan Dyer and wonder how close he is to challenging for that right centre back position.

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Sweeney put over an absolutely wicked cross about 10 minutes from time that nobody got on the end of, that ball was begging for a touch...defensively he had one nightmare moment that Bailey Cargill should have punished.

tavyred

I thought Taylor was class, any rickett he made I’d put down him to not knowing our patterns of play or the characteristics of the player he was attempting to put through. He displayed a good first touch and was very mobile. High hopes for the lad.

milts

I thought Taylor was class, any rickett he made I’d put down him to not knowing our patterns of play or the characteristics of the player he was attempting to put through. He displayed a good first touch and was very mobile. High hopes for the lad.
Was a bit slow on the ball I thought but sure he will come good

arthur

Much as I love Pierce I think that's a fair summary. The few times I've seen him play I've been really impressed by Jordan Dyer and wonder how close he is to challenging for that right centre back position.
Ray as RCB, Hartridge as LCB plus two full backs. Frees up a player to play in a more forward position. Then we may actually create something. I've watched six halves of football so far, and in five of them we've created very little and scored even less

milts

Ray as RCB, Hartridge as LCB plus two full backs. Frees up a player to play in a more forward position. Then we may actually create something. I've watched six halves of football so far, and in five of them we've created very little and scored even less
A change in formation is needed, particularly is caprice is our only option at LWB.

robchave

Whatever system we play, we need to get the ball down and play in on the ground more. We have a good surface and no big man up front, so why do we persist in lumping it forward? Yes, the occasional long-ball as variation, but, with the players available, we should be a passing, running side. All too often yesterday, when the ball was at the back, there was no midfield showing for the pass. Consequently, the midfield was largely by-passed and Jay, particularly, had little impact on the game.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
A change in formation is needed, particularly is caprice is our only option at LWB.
I'm not convinced it's the formation that's the problem. Yesterday the issues were in central midfield where Dieng didn't look totally fit and Taylor not fully up to speed. The other issue was that we were missing Brown who has been one of our best creative players this season which meant Nombe and Amond had to play together when they've never done so before; I'm also guessing that Brown was expected to play until quite late on so they hadn't had time to work on their partnership in training.