• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Paul Tisdale - Ex-Bristol Rovers Manager to Col Utd now Stevenage

scottus86

Matt Taylor may have been a coach under Tisdale, however our style of play and tactics have completely changed. Randall, Williams, and Key wouldn't even be playing if Tis had stayed, he hated using wingers.

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Just mentioning how the majority might actually perceive Paul Tisdale. Wouldn’t he still be Manager if it wasn’t for the rolling contract issue?! Remember Matt Taylor was promoted to Manager from Paul Tisdales coaching team, so his influence still runs through the Club.
Just a quick point about the name calling etc. I try to comment in a none personal way and respect other people’s opinions. I dont think I know any of you personally and you don’t know me but we all share a Passion for Exeter City and have different opinions which should be respected.
I think the Majority of fans have moved on from the Tisdale era and seeing his failure in L1 with both MK and Bristol Rovers I can't imagine any scenario where people would be calling him to be reappointed as manager if MT left, Tisdale was great for the first 5/6 years but his latter tenure was mired in arrogance and him thinking he was bigger than the club.

IndoMike

I think most people would accept (not Dom) that the guy has turned into a sad parody of a lower league manager, desperately clinging on to the last vestiges of credibility, whilst harking back to 'glory days' that were fleeting and reinforced by a club that had been beguiled by his Ramseyesque use of the English language and his quirky dress sense.
Think he needs to start again with a non - League team, stay humble, and focus on doing well as a football manager. But he might want more than that, which is fair enough.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Didn't Tisdale used to say he was going to become a garden designer or something similar ?

Pure fantasy.

DB9

Didn't Tisdale used to say he was going to become a garden designer or something similar ?

Pure fantasy.
Think you're confusing him with Jeremy Corbyn and his allotment!🤣🤣

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Think you're confusing him with Jeremy Corbyn and his allotment!🤣🤣
Easy mistake to make.

• Haha
Reactions: DB9

Rosencrantz

Matt Taylor may have been a coach under Tisdale, however our style of play and tactics have completely changed. Randall, Williams, and Key wouldn't even be playing if Tis had stayed, he hated using wingers.
Yeah, Wheeler and Holmes barely played 😉

Suzi & The Banned Cheese

I agree with one of the previous posts that Tis could do a lot worse than a Conference team e.g. Torquay, Bath or Salisbury should a suitable vacancy arise.

Colesman Ballz

I agree with one of the previous posts that Tis could do a lot worse than a Conference team e.g. Torquay, Bath or Salisbury should a suitable vacancy arise.
Bath would be perfect for him as he wouldn't have to go out to sign the "Ginga Ninja" cos he's already there ! 🙂

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Objective:
Gain an insight into how an elite football manager developed his strategies for success - Should be a quick lesson then :)