• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

ifollow

paperclip

I won a free pass from the sky bet Efl app last week and got the code on Thursday afternoon. Once the Oldham game was called off early on Friday I couldn’t use it, and it’s now showing as invalid for the Newport game as codes are only valid for the next league fixture. With hindsight I should have redeemed it earlier and kept it for the new date.

I have emailed to explain and ask for another code, has anyone else had this issue?
I haven't had that particular issue, however on the two occasions that I have needed to email iFollow, I did get a proper response and the issues were sorted out (much to my surprise, I must add), so I would imagine they would sort this out for you.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
I won a free pass from the sky bet Efl app last week and got the code on Thursday afternoon. Once the Oldham game was called off early on Friday I couldn’t use it, and it’s now showing as invalid for the Newport game as codes are only valid for the next league fixture. With hindsight I should have redeemed it earlier and kept it for the new date.

I have emailed to explain and ask for another code, has anyone else had this issue?
Not this specific issue but the Morecombe away game earlier this season i follow completely failed and didn't work until the 68th minute and they refunded me my £10 pretty quickly and efficiently.

Northants Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I won a free pass but it wasn’t valid - eventually after a month of trying, they refunded me a £10 fee

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I suffer quite a lot of buffering on my 7 year old Windows 10 laptop. On Tuesday night I watched the game on my new Chromebook and had no issues with buffering. They should be both set for auto on the screen resolution. I have super fast broadband. Therefore I think there is a problem with my laptop, but not sure what and I don't really want to buy a new laptop at the moment.

Anyone resolve buffering issues by tampering with their laptop?

richard_portland

Very well known Exeweb poster
Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Have been told that the code will be valid for the re arranged Oldham game. As soon as it’s available to subscribe for I will check just in case it doesn’t.

Legohead

Banned
Had an interesting conversation with one of my mates who is a Barnsley fan. He had a season ticket the other year but this season has been watching a lot of games on ifollow. He said that he prefers it, it's cheaper than actual ticket prices and he doesn't have to faff about with parking / petrol etc and he won't be going to Oakwell nowhere near as much next season.

It surprised me and had me thinking, could the success of ifollow and the frequency in which many fans have used it during this season affect the number of games that fans attend next season?

Will some fans decide to watch more games on ifollow and attend less games because it's easier and cheaper? Given that many older fans also have more difficulties getting to matches physically and along with the cautiousness due to Covid, will this see revenue lost and gates down? Older people arguably would have more expendable income too than younger fans.

Just a bit of a concern. Does anyone know if the club are researching how things could potentially pan out next season and beyond with regards to the impact of Covid along with the success of ifollow?

Fareham Grecian

Had an interesting conversation with one of my mates who is a Barnsley fan. He had a season ticket the other year but this season has been watching a lot of games on ifollow. He said that he prefers it, it's cheaper than actual ticket prices and he doesn't have to faff about with parking / petrol etc and he won't be going to Oakwell nowhere near as much next season.

It surprised me and had me thinking, could the success of ifollow and the frequency in which many fans have used it during this season affect the number of games that fans attend next season?

Will some fans decide to watch more games on ifollow and attend less games because it's easier and cheaper? Given that many older fans also have more difficulties getting to matches physically and along with the cautiousness due to Covid, will this see revenue lost and gates down? Older people arguably would have more expendable income too than younger fans.

Just a bit of a concern. Does anyone know if the club are researching how things could potentially pan out next season and beyond with regards to the impact of Covid along with the success of ifollow?
That’s why you can’t (couldn’t) get iFollow for a 3pm Saturday ko. When things are a bit more back to normal, the 3pm Sat ban for live coverage will be reimposed and people will go back to live matches.

Legohead

Banned
That’s why you can’t (couldn’t) get iFollow for a 3pm Saturday ko. When things are a bit more back to normal, the 3pm Sat ban for live coverage will be reimposed and people will go back to live matches.
Ah right. Thanks for clearing that up FG.

Under normal circumstances, is it possible to watch evening games on ifollow then otherwise won't ifollow be defunct if no games can be watched?

Fareham Grecian

Ah right. Thanks for clearing that up FG.

Under normal circumstances, is it possible to watch evening games on ifollow then otherwise won't ifollow be defunct if no games can be watched?
Yes I think iFollow worked for midweek games pre-pandemic. I assume it will go back to that.

Pete Martin (CTID)

Very well known Exeweb poster
Yes I think iFollow worked for midweek games pre-pandemic. I assume it will go back to that.
Only mid-week away games. Not home ones iirc.