• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Colchester United v Exeter City Matchday Thread

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
Celebrations on a par with Les Afful's first league goal (v Halifax?)
It was for me. I haven’t been that pleased to see a particular city player score for many years.

Red Bill

Could well be that the reaction of the other players had something to do with it. Lino flagged and Newport's players reacted immediately and rushed to confront Bowman - ref stepped in and gave a red. In the Col U game, the lino and ref ignored it and so did the Exeter players. Perhaps our players should be more 'street-wise'.
I think that's a very fair point, they're not trying to deceive anyone just making sure refs gets invloved.

OmanGrecian

Probably been said, but Seymour’s header was proper good. Don’t think I’ve celebrated a goal at home that much!
We were away, not home 😉

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
We were away, not home 😉
Speak for yourself, I was at home!

Legohead

Banned
Colchester have sacked their manager Steve Ball
Not surprised after that showing the other night!

IndoMike

It was for me. I haven’t been that pleased to see a particular city player score for many years.
Along with thousands of other supporters.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I have been saying this for several seasons. Not cheating like Lincoln and Wycombe, but better at influencing the officials to make the right decisions and managing the game.
I do think we have got better at this and are a little more streetwise under Taylor than we were with Tisdale in charge; at times he almost seemed to take more pride in his players behaving well than winning games of football.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
It's an issue that can be rectified with practice and adjustment. Chloe had a small problem with her finishing and all it took was watching her for a bit, a couple of minor adjustments and practice and it's opened up her range of finishing. It's nothing that couldn't be done with Jokkull with his kicking.
Agreed. Otherwise what's the point of employing coaches?

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
I do think we have got better at this and are a little more streetwise under Taylor than we were with Tisdale in charge; at times he almost seemed to take more pride in his players behaving well than winning games of football.
Yes. He and others at the Club were inordinately proud of us winning the Fair Play award. It's a nice thing to have, but I'd swap it for promotion.

Although to be fair we were cheated out of it one year, when it was given to Bristol Rovers who had a worse disciplinary record than us but played fewer games as they were knocked out of the cups and so had one fewer cards. We complained to the authorities but got the brush off.

andrew p long

Oh the irony.... Being cheated out of the Fair Play award!