• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

UK Lockdown

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
It's a kerfuffle but a sensible thing, You can't let the kids get tested then just go into the classroom with all the other kids, Just in case.
Yep, no complaints here. Sensible approach all round

Legohead

Banned
I don't believe "nice" people would wish anyone dead Lego.
Decent, honest and trustworthy people are worth their weight in gold. The opposite types of people are worthless. It's an interesting philosophical debate anyway. Some people would wish people like Jack the Ripper dead. I heard a man on the radio talking about him when he died. I think he was a relative of one of the poor ladies that he murdered and the man said on radio that he was glad Peter Sutcliffe was dead and that he was waiting for this moment for years. Yet he didn't get castigated for wanting someone dead. Human behaviour is odd. Only when it suits.

I'm a rational person and don't care if horrible people die yet get criticised. The bloke on the radio talking about wanting Peter Sutcliffe to die was also a rational person and yet everyone understood why he would have those views. Very odd.

DB9

I think the opposite. If people actually had the balls to say what they actually thought instead of what they think other want to hear then the world would be an easier place to navigate.

I couldn't care less if Boris Johnson or Gavin Williamson died because i strongly believe they are not nice, decent people with the interests of others at heart. They are responsible for harm and have done more bad than good yet fail to admit it. Therefore i have no feelings for them. They are worthless to me. They have no heart or compassion. Which obviously i see the irony having said i don't care if they died. I value good, honest people and have little time for game players and selfish, schemers.
I'll put it this way then, Imagine your lovely child was grown up in a job that has responsibility for a lot of people and has to make decisions that some won't like, How would you feel if someone put up on a forum that they hoped your daughter would die because they're peeved off with her decisions? Not nice is it? These people don't know your daughter at all, they are reacting to a policy she is involved with. Its a awful comparison I'll admit but I'm just turning things around and showing you how awful it sounds.

Doesn't matter that the Government are public figures at all, To wish someone would die because you don't like something is called trolling and this kind of behaviour is what does SM in and makes it the vile place it is.

Legohead

Banned
I've worked tirelessly for charity for over 20 years, regularly donate to good causes, give to homeless people, hold doors open for people, i'm very polite and am kind and considerate to all animals and all people i meet. Not the actions of a nasty person. If people i meet prove to be not nice people then my tolerance for them disappears and then i couldn't care less. Doesn't make me a bad person.

LOG

I’m no fan of BJ but I don’t think that would extend to comparing him to Peter Sutcliffe.

Pretty sure Jack the Ripper is already dead too.

fred binneys head

Not being affected by someone’s death is not the same as actively wishing someone was dead. I genuinely hope your posts on here make you feel better, as in you get a release by letting out your lockdown frustrations, because if they don’t you should have a break from Exeweb in my view.

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
Thanks for that RP. A lot of information to take in there. One of my main gripes is that i strongly believe that Year 7 pupils should be back first. For a myriad of reasons. Yet they aren't. I want an explanation from the school as to how they have reached the decision to leave Year 7 kids for another week.
It's not just Y7 though, it's 7, 8 and 9 in your school's case. Y11 and Y13 will presumably still be finishing up at half-term in May so they've only got 9 weeks of school left so it is right they are prioritised. Y10 and especially Y12 have had an absolute shocker of a year and presumably will be taking exams next summer, for which they are well-behind. If priority has to be given, fwiiw they have done it the right way about.

Reactions: DB9

Legohead

Banned
I'll put it this way then, Imagine your lovely child was grown up in a job that has responsibility for a lot of people and has to make decisions that some won't like, How would you feel if someone put up on a forum that they hoped your daughter would die because they're peeved off with her decisions? Not nice is it? These people don't know your daughter at all, they are reacting to a policy she is involved with. Its a awful comparison I'll admit but I'm just turning things around and showing you how awful it sounds.

Doesn't matter that the Government are public figures at all, To wish someone would die because you don't like something is called trolling and this kind of behaviour is what does SM in and makes it the vile place it is.
DB9, i have had chance to think about your post and i agree. In this instance you are right and i am wrong. I had not thought of the scenario you paint and although i do not use any other social media and i am not a troll, i can now see how what i have posted looks and comes across. It has made me think.

So, for example, if i was just chatting to some friends and said to them i wanted Boris Johnson to die during our chat - this would be ok because it's my genuine opinion and the only people party to hearing this comment would be them. But if i posted the exact same thing on a public forum then this would be the reason why it is not acceptable?

So the view that i wouldn't care if Boris Johnson died, although i can accept it's not a nice thing to say or wish, is not necessarily the bad thing? The bad thing is posting this on a public forum?

Apologies DB9, i'm trying to understand. I agree that SM is full of vile trolls and i do not use it. I guess if i did then with many of my 'eccentric' views on various things, maybe i would run the risk of becoming a troll and yet i know i am far from that type of person underneath.

Another important point i want to say is that if i have a complaint about somebody then i would usually contact them directly to express my anger, however this is not possible with figures like Gavin Williamson etc and therefore a public platform / forum is the only place you can get those thoughts down and across to alleviate the frustration as these people are out of reach for us.

Anyway, i don't mean to offend anyone. It's difficult to know what is appropriate to put on a public forum as i have always believed that people should be honest and speak their mind and not try to repress things which can cause health issues.

Thanks DB9. I'm always open to alternative views if i feel it makes sense and is fair and i believe your post is both.

DB9

DB9, i have had chance to think about your post and i agree. In this instance you are right and i am wrong. I had not thought of the scenario you paint and although i do not use any other social media and i am not a troll, i can now see how what i have posted looks and comes across. It has made me think.

So, for example, if i was just chatting to some friends and said to them i wanted Boris Johnson to die during our chat - this would be ok because it's my genuine opinion and the only people party to hearing this comment would be them. But if i posted the exact same thing on a public forum then this would be the reason why it is not acceptable?

So the view that i wouldn't care if Boris Johnson died, although i can accept it's not a nice thing to say or wish, is not necessarily the bad thing? The bad thing is posting this on a public forum?

Apologies DB9, i'm trying to understand. I agree that SM is full of vile trolls and i do not use it. I guess if i did then with many of my 'eccentric' views on various things, maybe i would run the risk of becoming a troll and yet i know i am far from that type of person underneath.

Another important point i want to say is that if i have a complaint about somebody then i would usually contact them directly to express my anger, however this is not possible with figures like Gavin Williamson etc and therefore a public platform / forum is the only place you can get those thoughts down and across to alleviate the frustration as these people are out of reach for us.

Anyway, i don't mean to offend anyone. It's difficult to know what is appropriate to put on a public forum as i have always believed that people should be honest and speak their mind and not try to repress things which can cause health issues.

Thanks DB9. I'm always open to alternative views if i feel it makes sense and is fair and i believe your post is both.
Wishing anyone harm or death is not nice, I don't think I've ever said that about someone, I have never said i needed time off etc because a relative is ill or something, Just I'd feel awful if they became ill, Even chatting with mates. Disliking someone, Especially a politician is perfectly natural and during these trying times even more, Especially if you think a policy is affecting you personally.

Whether in real life or on SM or here, Wishing ill will of someone is just not the right thing IMHO.

Legohead

Banned
It's not just Y7 though, it's 7, 8 and 9 in your school's case. Y11 and Y13 will presumably still be finishing up at half-term in May so they've only got 9 weeks of school left so it is right they are prioritised. Y10 and especially Y12 have had an absolute shocker of a year and presumably will be taking exams next summer, for which they are well-behind. If priority has to be given, fwiiw they have done it the right way about.
I see what you're saying RP. Maybe i have over reacted (again :ROFLMAO: ). However i do think it might have been a courteous thing to do for the school to explain the rationale behind why they have reached the decisions they have so parents can see where they are coming from.

I've just been told that Year 7 pupils have to go back last and yet i have only my own speculation as to why this is the case. Yes i could just accept it as how it is but that is difficult for me to do when i am struggling to see the logic behind it. Which is where a brief clarification from the school explaining why they have reached this decision would have helped.

Like DB9 has done with a previous post about another delicate subject, he's explained clearly the reasoning why he thinks one thing is right and i now can understand this and it's easier to accept.

Likewise if the school came out and said Year 7's are going back last because of X, Y and Z, then i could understand and be more settled about it. Not sure if this makes sense? Often it is the lack of communication that is the issue.