• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Today - Best City Commentary I've ever heard.

mustangspeed2006

I must admit I've criticised the commentary (namely Giler) in the past, but have to say that it was top notch yesterday.

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
Thats it then! John Ayres and Graham Kirk for every match from now on! Sorted!

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
I wish ... :)

PeteUSA

The commentary v Rovers was indeed brilliant, but it was helped in no small part by the constant roar of the crowd at just the right balance, which brings me on to my theory about why the commentaries dont sound to clever at St James some times.

When I went to the recent Yeovil game, I got the end seat in the back row of the OG right in front of Dave Saunders and Giler, who were behind glass right behind me. The Radio Somerset team however occupied three seats in front of the commentary box right next to me, and didnt use the com. box at all! I was watching the game and listening to the commentary Yeovil fans were getting at the same time, most surreal! I'm thinking though that by doing that, they were picking up far more crowd noise than by being in a glass box with the door shut tight! Its just a theory, but I wouldnt mind betting that John and Graham weren't behind glass at the Memorial Ground.

As an aside, Citys commentary box is dreadfully located with a stantion blocking the view of the Big Bank goal terribly!

Grecian2K

but I wouldnt mind betting that John and Graham weren't behind glass at the Memorial Ground.
Not sure about that, but I'm sure that the fact that ALL 1,074 of us were pretty bleddy noisy helped as well [y]

G2k
(Still recovering from yesterday's Memorial Ground Sunstroke....exacerbated by Alcohol poisoning :$ ;) )

LammieLammieLammie

Pete makes a good point. Sunny day, Big game, City play well, JohnA wearing his shades :) , sat with the fans, 10 fouls in the whole game. As I say, easy.

OmanGrecian

#FreeKirky #FreeTheLammieOne #KnowsHisStuff

Red Devon

#FreeKirky #FreeTheLammieOne #KnowsHisStuff
He did mention on Saturday that he’d been doing ball boy work at some games.

Colesman Ballz

He did mention on Saturday that he’d been doing ball boy work at some games.
City are missing a trick by not offering those jobs out to the highest bidder, could be a nice little earner ! 😎

Red Devon

City are missing a trick by not offering those jobs out to the highest bidder, could be a nice little earner ! 😎
It is a bit unfair on the girls & boys that normally do it to be honest, isn’t it.