• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Today - Best City Commentary I've ever heard.

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
Sometimes Radio Devon commentary teams come in for criticism, Today though I thought the coverage was brilliant, and JohnA and Graham (LLL) did an outstanding job. It was almost like being there! I dont remember better match coverage. [y]

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
That worked for me, knew what was going on generally. Liked the bit at the end when they said, "what are the City fans singing?", and let us listen to them singing to the Rovers fans "Down with the Argyle". Class!

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
Thanks Pete, was about to make a thread on the same subject. Can John Ayres and Kirky PLEASE do all the City commentary. Made a huge difference to listening to match. Did burger all for my blood pressure mind ... [y]

Last edited:

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
i would agree pete. spot on commentary from both of them

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
That worked for me, knew what was going on generally. Liked the bit at the end when they said, "what are the City fans singing?", and let us listen to them singing to the Rovers fans "Down with the Argyle". Class!
Cant quite make it out lol!

LammieLammieLammie

Easy game to summarise, probably one of the cleanest games I've seen in my life. I honestly think there were probably only about 10 free kicks all game! Rovers were poor in quality, but big in effort, and if we'd gone a goal down who knows.

Hamer made a brilliant save with his feet at 0-0, and when I saw the possession stats at 51-49 to Rovers first half I couldn't beleive it.

And hats off to Tranmere. Game on.

Hamer made a brilliant save with his feet at 0-0, and when I saw the possession stats at 51-49 to Rovers first half I couldn't beleive it.
Hamer's save occurred when we were 1-0 up.

I counted - City had 64% of the possession in the 1st half. Rovers did not secure possession in our half until the 12th minute.

Who are these people?

PeteUSA

Multi Alert! Multi Alert! Multi Alert!

There, there, Peter.

You will find that I have spoken nothing but the truth.

PeteUSA

You will find that I have spoken nothing but the truth.
I'm not saying its not. I dont care about the stats anyway, I still thought the commentary team were excellent.