• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Bolton Wanderers - 12th Jan 2021 - Team Selection

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
Thought Atanagana had one of the worst 10 minute appearances I can remember yesterday. Law needs to play.

Bittners a Legend

Thought Atanagana had one of the worst 10 minute appearances I can remember yesterday. Law needs to play.
Agree completely about Atangana. Amusing reading everyone slating McArdle but that second goal was all about Atangana. Firstly losing the ball and then watch how lazy he was as the Weds defender runs through. Atangana literally stops running on the edge of the area when, if he had continued, he would have almost certainly been able to cut the run off before the cross came in.

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
Agree completely about Atangana. Amusing reading everyone slating McArdle but that second goal was all about Atangana. Firstly losing the ball and then watch how lazy he was as the Weds defender runs through. Atangana literally stops running on the edge of the area when, if he had continued, he would have almost certainly been able to cut the run off before the cross came in.
Yes agreed, and he gave the ball away about three times outside of that. I really liked him, maybe he is still not fit - or not interested? One of those who Taylor has written off behind the scenes perhaps.

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
I’d drop McArdle for Hartridge and then the same remaining 10 from yesterday. They need a chance to redeem themselves against L2 oppo.
I thought this before yesterday's game. It is very odd to be picking a left footer (Hartridge) to play RCB, but even though both are prone to defensive lapses at present , Hartridge is overall the better bet. Of course first choice RCB (Sweenz!) is not available.

PeteUSA

Avoid Maxted at all costs.
I agree wholeheartedly with the above sentiment. Despite many previous chances, Maxted fails to play with any apparent enthusiasm, and just doesnt appear fit. I also dont think he's particularly good; When he drops a clanger it usually costs us one or all of the points. All that said, I wish Ward would hurry up and sort himself out to arrive at the keeper he appeared to be before his injury; the difference in him post injury is chalk and cheese. I might be in the minority regarding Wednesdays first goal on saturday, but I thought it was at a good height and very saveable. I dont altogether see how that got past him on his near post? I'd have hung my head in shame if I'd let that in!

tonykellowfan

I don't think Ward was expecting the shot at that point. Sometimes you just have to admire the skill that the forward has. If you watch the replay the forward heads the ball on and then volleys the ball before it hits the ground catching out both McCardle and Ward.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
I don't think Ward was expecting the shot at that point. Sometimes you just have to admire the skill that the forward has. If you watch the replay the forward heads the ball on and then volleys the ball before it hits the ground catching out both McCardle and Ward.
Yep. The speed of the ball and the lack of a bounce caught him out. A world class goalie would probably have saved it, but not a L2 goalie.

Reactions: Ash

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

arthur

Bowman (depending how angry MT is at him)
If a false nine is good enough for Man City it's good enough for us...

Ward

Caprice Hartridge Parkes Page

Antagana/Collins

Taylor Law

Key/Williams Jay Randall/Sparkes

fred binneys head

If a false nine is good enough for Man City it's good enough for us...
We've already got a false nine.

Miaow.