• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Sheffield Wednesday FA Cup 3rd round proper matchday thread

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
There are no mitigating circumstances, These are "professional" footballers, turn up and give your best and work for it. If you don't and they didn't today expect to be slated
Well there are - the first being that we lost 2-0 to a side 2 divisions above us. Hardly like we were dominated or smashed was it? Why are you talking as if this was Stevenage?

The second one being that football form relies on rhythm and having a 13 day break between games might end up in a disjointed performance.

It wasn't even that bad 😅

Absolute drama queens

denzel

Last 3 league games we beat Tranmere 5-0, sloppy against a poor Harrogate and then drew with FGR who are 3rd, 1 point off the top and probably shaded that one.

We face 3 bottom half sides, including the Harrogate side which smash and grabbed us... it's just level headed to say we will get a decent amount of points tbh. At 19 games we are in a false position league wise, having played up to 3 games less than those above us. We have the best GD in the division.

Anything else?
So you will be concerned if we dont beat Bolton? I'm glad we agree.
We have to win the games in hand to make a difference and if we keep giving away stupid goals that will be difficult.

IBA

I'm shocked that we were beaten, by an in form championship team.

Grecian Max

We have to win the games in hand to make a difference and if we keep giving away stupid goals that will be difficult.
I mean, the conceding the stupid goals hasn't done us that badly as we've backed it up with 40 of our own....

Grecian Max

7 points from the next 3 would be good with me, so if we draw with Bolton I won't be "concerned", no.

denzel

There are no mitigating circumstances, These are "professional" footballers, turn up and give your best and work for it. If you don't and they didn't today expect to be slated
I agree. Three matches in a week and we are 'jaded', one match in two weeks and we are 'rusty'. Cant have it both ways.

IBA

Very very poor today - money what money we've got loads of it !!!
What planet are you on?

IBA

Is Shaw available on loan? To be fair, he had been immense today but we have made Wednesday look good.
Perhaps,(and I know it's controversial) Sheffield Wednesday are a better team than us...

Grecian Max

I agree. Three matches in a week and we are 'jaded', one match in two weeks and we are 'rusty'. Cant have it both ways.
THEY ARE A CHAMPIONSHIP TEAM

You're all nutters

Reactions: IBA

Grecian Max

They are different outcomes - a jaded side would look tired - we didn't.

A rusty side would be missing that extra bit of link up that we're used to seeing end in goals, and a lot of them this season. This happened.