• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Northampton Town, Pappa John Pizza Trophy. Match Day Thread

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Maxted does have the occasional worldie of a performance however too often he looks very sluggish and his effort (or lack of it) to keep the ball out of the net is severely lacking at times.

He looks about a stone or two overweight, I appreciate he has been injured however surely you still do fitness work when you are out, to me it looks like he spent the time on the Just Eat website.
I've no doubt the club keeps a very close eye on players' fitness and can't imagine Matty T would tolerate anyone being a pound or two overweight, never mind a couple of stone.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
I've no doubt the club keeps a very close eye on players' fitness and can't imagine Matty T would tolerate anyone being a pound or two overweight, never mind a couple of stone.
Does Maxted look in good shape to you ?

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Does Maxted look in good shape to you ?
He doesn't look especially svelte-like, but appearances can be deceptive. Reckon he'd probably look thinner if he ditched the beard and had a good haircut!

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
It’s height we’re missing at the back more than the brick outhouse type, that’s why players like Andy Williams at Cheltenham find it so easy to put the ball in the back of our net from delivery into the box...Goode at Northampton last season who was superb was just towering rather than an outhouse.
I liked Goode and wished he played for us, he moved onwards and upwards after the final as well to Ollie's old club

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
He doesn't look especially svelte-like, but appearances can be deceptive. Reckon he'd probably look thinner if he ditched the beard and had a good haircut!
Below the neck is the issue in terms of excess timber !!

He's a pro footballer, he should be leaner especially if it impacts his performances in a negative way which I believe it does.

Even when we played Swindon earlier in the season and won 4 - 3 he looked sluggish.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
I get that. I just think the beard may add to the perception he's carrying some excess timber.

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster

He's a pro footballer, he should be leaner especially if it impacts his performances in a negative way which I believe it does.

Even when we played Swindon earlier in the season and won 4 - 3 he looked sluggish.
What is it with this obsession of yours with male torsos ? Last season it was Sweenz, and now you have moved onto Maxted. Who will it be next ? Your continual "scapegoating" of players is frankly utterly pathetic. Instead of hiding behind your keyboard, perhaps you should instead summon up the courage to make your comments to him face to face ! :ROFLMAO:

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Can I throw this in ? Jokull was on emergency loan which had to end once we had one of our own goalies fit enough to pass the board. Once Maxted could walk without falling over Jokull had to go. So Jonny Max isn't really fit to play but Matty has no choice apart from to play a 15year old..

If my theory is correct you lot are being incredibly harsh.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
What is it with this obsession of yours with male torsos ? Last season it was Sweenz, and now you have moved onto Maxted. Who will it be next ? Your continual "scapegoating" of players is frankly utterly pathetic. Instead of hiding behind your keyboard, perhaps you should instead summon up the courage to make your comments to him face to face ! :ROFLMAO:
Scapegoating ??? I don't make a scapegoat of anyone. My comments are based on performances.

If someone is performing badly I will say so, how is that pathetic ??

Maxted has been sub standard too many times.

Get a grip Ballzy.

Last edited:

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
If Maxted's not completeley fit then my choice would be Jack Arthur, why not? He's 18, he's one of ours, if he doesn't make the grade then he can be farmed out like other, outfield players are, give him a go!