• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

ECFC Face Masks

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
50% of profits to the Trust. What about the other 50%?
Rather an unnecessary and ungenerous comment....so we can take it then that, always supposing you had the nous to do what Craig has done, you would have been prepared to put all the effort, including packing and making personal deliveries, that he has put into this for zilch reward. I would suggest that a personal apology to him might the order of the day.

Boyo

Rather an unnecessary and ungenerous comment....so we can take it then that, always supposing you had the nous to do what Craig has done, you would have been prepared to put all the effort, including packing and making personal deliveries, that he has put into this for zilch reward. I would suggest that a personal apology to him might the order of the day.
I’m not sure why it’s necessary to drag up a post from May, but for what’s its worth I think Craig has done a fabulous job. I doubt he even remembers the post let alone is lying in bed at night waiting for an apology from me. My point was simply to make it clear that only some of the profits were going to the Trust. At the time it just felt a bit unofficial and a chance to make a few quid from using the clubs brand. No different to the dodgey scarfs being sold in Sidwell St prior to the Liverpool match. Craig subsequently worked with the club and gained permission to use the branding. I purchased one. Well done him.

Grecian68

Hopefully, mine will arrive tomorrow

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
I’m not sure why it’s necessary to drag up a post from May, but for what’s its worth I think Craig has done a fabulous job. I doubt he even remembers the post let alone is lying in bed at night waiting for an apology from me. My point was simply to make it clear that only some of the profits were going to the Trust. At the time it just felt a bit unofficial and a chance to make a few quid from using the clubs brand. No different to the dodgey scarfs being sold in Sidwell St prior to the Liverpool match. Craig subsequently worked with the club and gained permission to use the branding. I purchased one. Well done him.
Look back at the very first post on this thread from Craig, Totally straight up about a 50/50 split and for you to say that it felt a "Bit Unofficial" is just not very nice. As said Craig has done all the leg work for these masks and has made money for the club they wouldn't of got, His first mask was not really the clubs brand, It was more of the City emblem, When others suggested that possibly the clubs official badge could be used Craig went straight to the club to ask for permission and got it and now has produced a second run with the badge and they look awesome. 50% going to any cause is more than most give when people produce merchendise, Even those that say all goes to a cause don't include "Admin Charges" and that can often be a hefty % of any monies raised.

After seeing Craig's work and if he had time i think he'd be a shoe in to have a meeting with the shop/commercial people at the club to see if there are any other items he could produce which might be sold in the club shop/online, I'm sure if these masks were for sale in the club shop and the fans were able to attend matches they would sell like hot cakes.

fred binneys head

Craig has done a great job and deserves a lot of credit - I really appreciate people who get off their arse and do stuff. Sure Boyo was a bit trigger happy with his criticism, but there’s worse things happen and I’m sure Craig won’t be crying. No need to rake over it, let’s just celebrate Craig’s entrepreneurship!

elginCity

Well said. Very happy with them - quality. Thanks, Craig.

CraigECFC

Hi all,

Thanks for all the nice comments. Hope everyone is starting to receive their masks from the latest order and are happy with them. Give me a message if there’s any problems or concerns.

Just waiting for the latest payout from the site and the latest donation should bring the full donation up to £1000 which is great! I can assure you when you break it down I’ve been getting way less than minimum wage 😂 All worth it to see people happy with their masks and being able to give back to the club in this tough period.

I actually flew back to America on Friday as I go to university out here so didn’t manage to see the latest batch so had someone take care of the packaging of this order! This is also going to make it difficult to continue with further batches. I’m looking at it logistically and possibly employing someone at home to deal with packaging. I will also speak to the club to see if they want a bulk order for the shop.

Craig

OmanGrecian

Hi all,

Thanks for all the nice comments. Hope everyone is starting to receive their masks from the latest order and are happy with them. Give me a message if there’s any problems or concerns.

Just waiting for the latest payout from the site and the latest donation should bring the full donation up to £1000 which is great! I can assure you when you break it down I’ve been getting way less than minimum wage 😂 All worth it to see people happy with their masks and being able to give back to the club in this tough period.

I actually flew back to America on Friday as I go to university out here so didn’t manage to see the latest batch so had someone take care of the packaging of this order! This is also going to make it difficult to continue with further batches. I’m looking at it logistically and possibly employing someone at home to deal with packaging. I will also speak to the club to see if they want a bulk order for the shop.

Craig
I shall also be in the US next week (Charleston). Will be wearing my mask with pride.

You’ve done a great job here, Craig. Good, quality products at a good price.

In comparison, when they first started selling the surgical masks here at the beginning of the pandemic, they were €10 each, even though they were disposable. So to pay a low price for that quality you have produced is great.

Grecian68

Hi all,

Craig
Well pleased with mine, very smart and comfortable
Thank you for all the work that you have put into this
And finally, good luck at University

Arthur Davey

Well pleased with mine, very smart and comfortable
Thank you for all the work that you have put into this
And finally, good luck at University
Seconded. Got one each for my younger buay & me. You've done a proper job; full credit to you; enjoy the best years of your life at uni.