• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Clear out?

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'm more interested in our current manager and team now.
Only when they lose.

dommers

Dommers tends to comment when we lose.
He likes to harp back to those Tisdale glory days when we couldn't buy a win at home for 18 months and the average fan grew very discontented.
But, as the saying goes, he's entitled to his opinion. Perhaps Tisdale should have been awarded a lifetime manger's role at City, like Putin
I've moved on and from what happened in the past. Perhaps you haven't?
Was dissappointed with Taylor's first year and hoped he'd learn to play more youngsters, which is the whole point of us having an academy, develop a plan B and some sort of tactics going forward. I don't think he has and I'm worried about our future if he continues to waste money on players like Warren, Ajose and Fisher and doesn't develop our youngsters.

dommers

Only when they lose.
You were happy last night then and feel the team/manager is above criticism.

StudentGrecian

Would seem strange psychology to tell players just ahead of a Wembley play-off final that they’ll be looking for a new job next week.
Think it was less about psychology and more about time constraints. Their contracts end tomorrow, he had to tell those boys who were out of contract that they weren’t going to be retained.

DB9

You were happy last night then and feel the team/manager is above criticism.
Of course not, You're always here when we do bad, You need to let go of Tisdale, He went a long time ago.

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
I don't think he has and I'm worried about our future if he continues to waste money on players like Warren, Ajose and Fisher and doesn't develop our youngsters.

This is my biggest concern. The amount of money we have wasted on players like Ajose for ZERO return is eye watering. We do not have the luxury to pay for expensive bench warmers at our club. Get rid of dross like them and review our hiring strategy.

dommers

Of course not, You're always here when we do bad, You need to let go of Tisdale, He went a long time ago.
Don't you listen. We've let Tisdale go and I'm talking about our current manager. If you're happy to support a manager who seems to have no plan B, wants more physical players, ingnore the youth and wastes money on players then feel free.

DB9

Don't you listen. We've let Tisdale go and I'm talking about our current manager. If you're happy to support a manager who seems to have no plan B, wants more physical players, ingnore the youth and wastes money on players then feel free.
We didn't "Let Tisdale go" he left of his own accord to persue another job (How'd that go?) Yep I'm happy with MT, Last season he was there last minute, This was his first season to fully prepare and did as much as Tisdale did on his last season (Get us to a play off final) Next season will be interesting, We'll see how pre-season, Any new signings and then judge him.

Reactions: Ash

simcity

We didn't "Let Tisdale go" he left of his own accord to persue another job (How'd that go?) Yep I'm happy with MT, Last season he was there last minute, This was his first season to fully prepare and did as much as Tisdale did on his last season (Get us to a play off final) Next season will be interesting, We'll see how pre-season, Any new signings and then judge him.
Wasn't MT appointed on the 1st June a day after we took the contract offer to Tis off the table? Had 2 months to get prepped for the season and feel he did a good job last year. He had a full pre season last year and i'd say only Parkes and maybe Nigel from last year's signings have provided a return on investment.

If the budgets are going to be slashed as we expect then i can't see many players coming in this summer so it's make do with what we have plus some of the younger lads being blended in.

DB9

Wasn't MT appointed on the 1st June a day after we took the contract offer to Tis off the table? Had 2 months to get prepped for the season and feel he did a good job last year. He had a full pre season last year and i'd say only Parkes and maybe Nigel from last year's signings have provided a return on investment.

If the budgets are going to be slashed as we expect then i can't see many players coming in this summer so it's make do with what we have plus some of the younger lads being blended in.
MT's plans for pre season were not his and already sorted, They were probably Tisdale's and MT might have wanted to do things differently, Also he had to get his way across to the players, Either he'd been accused of just following Tisdale's plans, The players knew him as a coach of the youth team, Not the manager til he was appointed. As for next season that is so up in the air at the moment, We don't even know when it's going to start, If and when fans are to be allowed back in and what of those released players of all clubs? Theire lives are up in the air like the rest of us who's livelihoods are threatened.

One thing that I'm sure we can agree on is that Football is nothing without fans, Whatever level it is!