• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Clear out?

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
I like Matty a lot but he has a tendency, like me to not learn from his mistakes which is disappointing.
I think you’re right Lego sadly.Also he has a blind spot when it comes to the final vital third of the pitch.I somehow don’t trust him when it comes to forward signings and because of contracts he now has to motivate the ones we’ve got.But you can’t make a silk purse from a pig’s ear.....

Gareth

I would agree with most of the outs, but Fisher actually had a good game first half tonight.
Talk about having low standards. No one had “good game”. we got spanked in every position.

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
You can’t blame him for wishful thinking. He really wants Sweeney out too as he’s down twice
He was chronically poor from the first whistle and should be now looking for alternative employment.

Red red

Everyone seems to be blaming Sweeney but 1 player not at fault . The whole midfield let the side down this was shown up when Collins came on and got stuck in. The back line had no shield .And that was Northampton tactic , bypass the midfield load on the defence we didn’t stop this. Atangana . Taylor and Law Fisher And Bowman didn’t work , we needed more industry to stop them . Anyway move on . Me I would now bring in the likes of Kite, Dyer and Hartridge and make Law a squad player get rid of Taylor, Fisher ,Lee Martin. Build with the youth if we have an average season why they are bedding in so be it. Build your midfield around Collins , Kite .

DB9

Are from the fact that he admitted picking a side to stop their physical approach which we were never likely to be able to do. Possibly the worst performance I can remember seeing.
Did you not see the ones under Tisdale or did your rose tinted spectacles cloud your view of them?

Red Devon

From Matt's interview whilst he said he was trying to improve the physicality of the side, I took it when he said about getting "men" in, it was more about mentality when the going got tough rather than out and out muscle. That was what was more frustrating tonight and has been a bit of a theme at times this season. When things start going against us, we haven't always responded well. We have one of the best clean sheet records in the league, but when we concede one, we often then concede two and three.

Archie was an example tonight that when he came on and even went to ten men, he didn't hide, he still wanted to get on the ball and use it properly. Others went missing as did their passing. That is the "men" I think Matt wants. The ability to keep on doing the right thing and play to our own strengths in adversity.
I’m not so sure MT often mentions men’s football when he sends the young lads out on loan

IndoMike

Did you not see the ones under Tisdale or did your rose tinted spectacles cloud your view of them?
Coventry, Blackpool and Northampton
: same. . Seems like the players froze.
Oh for a Danny Bailey, Clive Edwards, John Dekve, Graham Parker, or even an Arnie Mitchell.

tavyred

It feels like we've reached a natural point in time where MT's first go at building a promotion team has come to an end and he needs to build and think again.
Considering where we were in the summer of 2018, MT is very much still in the positive territory for me.
A rookie manager very quickly built a competitive squad that in season one missed out on the playoffs by one point and putting aside the disaster of last night, managed to get us very close to promotion this year.
I think our ability to pad out the playing squad with quality youngsters gives us an advantage, simply because this free's up the more of the budget so we can probably sign better quality more expensive players but in fewer numbers. That said, we need more Nicky Law's and less Ajose's please Matt.
I wouldn't keep any player that is currently out of contract, we need a clean slate.

dommers

I'm more interested in our current manager and team now.

IndoMike

Dommers tends to comment when we lose.
He likes to harp back to those Tisdale glory days when we couldn't buy a win at home for 18 months and the average fan grew very discontented.
But, as the saying goes, he's entitled to his opinion. Perhaps Tisdale should have been awarded a lifetime manger's role at City, like Putin

Reactions: DB9