• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Jamie Norwood

Alan Crockford

Well-known Exeweb poster
We'll see nearer the time. Personally, I'd be surprised if we can expand to raising much more than our grand a month, so I think our role is to help City take a chance on a young pro who might otherwise not be with us.

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
We'll see nearer the time. Personally, I'd be surprised if we can expand to raising much more than our grand a month, so I think our role is to help City take a chance on a young pro who might otherwise not be with us.
I agree with that. It will be enough of a job to replace those whose personal circumstances mean they can't continue.

How much will he play this season? On my reckoning we're still a striker down on last season even if the Port Vale triallist signs on for a year.So-ready or not- my guess is he'll be on the bench a bit.He's already played more than I expected a year ago- I thought unused sub would be his only role.

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
hopefully james will get more games next season. got the talent, lets see if he can produce

Grecian_Jay

No. Since we pay around a grand a month, I don't think any of us are expecting our Number 31 (whether James or anyone else on the same money) to play a whole lot of first team football. In my own view, any games that No.31 plays for the first team are a definite bonus, but really it's about trying to bring in 'one for the future'.

It would be a shame, wouldn't it, having invested over £20k and two years of coaching time in a player. But that's football and these (and worse) things happen - think of Fleety on loan last year, the loss Wolves made on George Friend, etc, etc.
Thanks that is what I was looking for. Just interested too see how you guys who were paying the money felt.

(PS: Speaking personally, I won't be getting involved in a third year of the 1931 Fund unless the Trust and Club do more on accountability and the like.)
Ooh, the sting in the tail.

What will your proposal be, Alan? What specifically would the Trust and Club have to do, for you to want to continue?

Alan Crockford

Well-known Exeweb poster
Just not in the mood for paying a further £240 - or taking money off other people - when neither City nor the Trust can be bothered to make a finanical case for why they should be given that money.

Quarterly updates - both income/expenditure and balance sheet - to the people who majority own the club and elect the Trustees is hardly a big ask is it?

pct333

Quarterly updates - both income/expenditure and balance sheet - to the people who majority own the club and elect the Trustees is hardly a big ask is it?
I thought that Norrie had said that the financial updates to the BOS would now be monthly. Awaiting news from last night's BOS meeting.

Strongbow

Well-known Exeweb poster
I thought that Norrie had said that the financial updates to the BOS would now be monthly. Awaiting news from last night's BOS meeting.
What does that matter when the BOS communicate nothing at all to the membership

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Be intresting to see how much he's progressed since his few games early last season , he looked like he had some pace but was very raw , hopefully full time training and the spell out on loan has improved him.....

Tisdale will need someone to work the line well while Stanno recovers , Jamie could be that man/boy

Just not in the mood for paying a further £240 - or taking money off other people - when neither City nor the Trust can be bothered to make a finanical case for why they should be given that money.

My question wasn't facecious, I am just genuinely interested to know what would have to happen to keep you as an activist :)