• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Fixtures

Shortround

Quite a nice start to the season, the christmas period is gonna be tough but i like the look of april with 4 home games!

t.a.f.k.a.g.g.

Are you thinking Relegation scrap or promotion battle? ;)
Playoff scrap?? :S

If that last home game is vital for both teams and something controversial happens in the game (duff penner, dodgy offside etc) then the local bobbies could have a very busy day on their hands, whatever time it's scheduled.

I can see it moving to Friday night.

Last edited:

wrekin

I am sure in the old days we had the option to negotiate on dates for derby games. If that is the case and we agreed to make Plymouth the last home game of the season then someone wants shooting. Quite a possibility that an Argyle win could send them up and us down (or vica versa) - madness. Or, if we are both sitting mid-table it will take away the importance of the fixture.

I fear the police will intervene and it will end up a Tuesday earlier in the season.

newburygrecian

Anyone else noticed we've got the run Oldham-Tranmere-Argyle-Sheff Wed twice?

I seriously can't believe they've let the Argyle home game be our last of the season.

A377 Lad

I am sure in the old days we had the option to negotiate on dates for derby games. If that is the case and we agreed to make Plymouth the last home game of the season then someone wants shooting. Quite a possibility that an Argyle win could send them up and us down (or vica versa) - madness. Or, if we are both sitting mid-table it will take away the importance of the fixture.

I fear the police will intervene and it will end up a Tuesday earlier in the season.
I think the "logic" behind it is that both teams will have nothing to play for by then. I think they will move it to like a 11:30 am kick off or something like that. Friday night would be equally as dodgy, would be kicking off in town all night long.

A377 Lad

Anyone else noticed we've got the run Oldham-Tranmere-Argyle-Sheff Wed twice?

I seriously can't believe they've let the Argyle home game be our last of the season.
I did notice a lot of similarities to last season, Walsall away, Hudds away, Oldham away, Tranmere away all seem to be pretty similar and both of the Southampton games too.

greenawayr

Pity that Argyle is the last home game as the Argyle game would've been a sell out and the last home game is traditionally a bumper crowd, so one "large" crowd missed out on there.

Erico

I think they will probably change the time of the argyle home game to midday. I can't see a Friday night game happening. Would be bad, if not worse than the current K.O time.

Last edited:

Strongbow

Well-known Exeweb poster
Dont the police get the fixtures in advance to allow them to raise any objections, and get them resolved before publication?

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Dont the police get the fixtures in advance to allow them to raise any objections, and get them resolved before publication?
They're probably expecting Plym**th to have folded by then.