• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

troy will sign

jambo

Well-known Exeweb poster
So mine is dull, carping and bitter and the other 42 that voice the same opinion aren't. Interesting filtering of a biased opinion on your behalf Jambo old son.

How come it took you two hours to find it?
42, eh, malcolm me old dad? didn't have time to count them! But then, I didn't notice any of the other ones saying woopey do either...& I probably wasn't filtering properly anyway.

True story - I started reading the thread 4 hours after it was started, & yours was the 2nd post on the thread...to which I replied...not because it voiced an opinion like anyone else's, but because it was such a perfect caricature of your contributions to exeweb over the last few years.

Nothing wrong with contrarians (though it helps if their efforts are leavened with wit)...but a contrarian can hardly complain if someone chooses to be contrary back to them...after all, that would be just, well, contrary.

woopey do

Poultice

Very well known Exeweb poster
Nothing wrong with contrarians (though it helps if their efforts are leavened with wit)...but a contrarian can hardly complain if someone chooses to be contrary back to them...after all, that would be just, well, contrary.

woopey do
Can we call you Mary, Mary from now on ?

jambo

Well-known Exeweb poster
depends how your garden's growing, Poult - it's all about where the grass is greener

:)

Poultice

depends how your garden's growing, Poult - it's all about where the grass is greener

:)
I'll go with whatever grass is available.

mdg

welcome back archie- the best is yet to come

malcolms

42, eh, malcolm me old dad? didn't have time to count them! But then, I didn't notice any of the other ones saying woopey do either...& I probably wasn't filtering properly anyway.

True story - I started reading the thread 4 hours after it was started, & yours was the 2nd post on the thread...to which I replied...not because it voiced an opinion like anyone else's, but because it was such a perfect caricature of your contributions to exeweb over the last few years.

woopey do
Glad I gave you the opportunity to showcase your written dexterity, so much better than the standard that masquerades as normal on these boards. Just a shame you couldn't resist the temptation to deliver the cheap shot but no matter.

Unfortunately, I have to report that neither of us was correct in the sign off Americanism, it is, I am informed by someone who would certainly know, whoopty doo, or to be more precise, whoopty expletive doo.

freewilly

Resigned
we needed a CB and we got one who know the way we play. Good signing. Welcome back Troy!!

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
... I am informed by someone who would certainly know, whoopty doo, or to be more precise, whoopty expletive doo.
Correct. However, it can also be spelt as 'whoopie doo' which I think is a much cleaner sounding and looking variation.
Interestingly, whilst both spellings have the same prime definition, the latter variant can also - apparently - be used in place of an expletive whilst the former requires the insertion of one.
I thought that was rather fascinating!

Last edited:

geoffwp

.... the standard that masquerades as normal on these boards.
Tut tut malcolms, that is rather condescendingly superior isn't it?

malcolms

Tut tut malcolms, that is rather condescendingly superior isn't it?
Only if you feel inferior Geoff:)

Last edited: