• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Now i can retire happy....

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Marcus Stewart in todays Echo.....

Now Marcus has got his 200th league goal , especially given the fact it was against the rivals of Ipswich who he had the best part of his career at is it time to call it off early ?...

250 goals in all comps , 200 league goals , Very good career.

He says he's done all he wants now - would you as City manager be asking him if enoughs enough ? , id imagine he's on decent money which could be used in other ways to boost the squad in the window......

Does he need the money an extra few month of a long career would give him ? i wouldnt of thought so....

Or would you want him to see the end of the season out ?.

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not fussed either way, as long as he contributes to the team.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
The records show that was his 199th

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Not only that, but his introduction spelled out for me exactly why we need him to carry on - he was inspirational when he came on.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Not only that, but his introduction spelled out for me exactly why we need him to carry on - he was inspirational when he came on.
but does he do that often enough ?

Not IMO anymore.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
I can only comment on the games I've seen, but he has been fair dinkum in all of those.

mole221

I rate Stewart quite highly, I think that he gives a lot of experience to the team, and is a good distributor of the ball so i would be quite happy to keep him on, however, not sure how much he is on so if another player comes around who could a better job for less wages then it could all change.

shabbashaz

Well-known Exeweb poster
He will be here til the end of the season, as a player. Then after that, he will more than likely stay on as a coach.

It's his 199th League goal, the last one he scored at Carlisle was his 250th career goal, 198th league goal

And to add, I think we would be better letting Charlton have Fleetwood back, and using his wages to buy a striker who makes an effort

Last edited:

Pete Martin (CTID)

....And to add, I think we would be better letting Charlton have Fleetwood back, and using his wages to buy a striker who makes an effort
We can't.

Well, we can, but he's on an agreed season long loan and I understand that we have to pay those wages for the duration, whether he's here or not.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
I thought (but I was in a bit of a minority amongst people I spoke to) that Fleetwood looked lively on Saturday.